• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Sable - lonely little bunny

I think it's 48. I know when I visited there were lots of bunnies outside. They all looked very happy and I know Tonibun said it takes her hours to clean them out each day. There was one inside too who was under the vet and being medicated. It reminded me of the photos of Jane's set up when she had a large number of rabbits - lots of hay and pens and things to climb on and in.

Catherine has also very kindly offered to take Sable back, keep her in a heated pen over the winter and keep her ears open for a possible new companion.
Problem at moment is I started to feel so ill last night, can't eat etc, so can't deal with it at all. Last night I thought I'd end up in hospital and still fear this now.

Didn't want to read and run, just wanted to add support and hope you start feeling a bit better very soon ((hugs)) xx

Catherine has also very kindly offered to take Sable back, keep her in a heated pen over the winter and keep her ears open for a possible new companion.
Problem at moment is I started to feel so ill last night, can't eat etc, so can't deal with it at all. Last night I thought I'd end up in hospital and still fear this now.

Hugs Babsie :love:

Once you get Sable sorted you will feel more comfortable (mentally at least).

I hope your fear isn't realised and that you begin to feel better today x

Have you taken your temperature ? Maybe a wee/kidney infection lurking ?

Or could feeling more ill be related to any new medication you were given yesterday ?

I really feel for you Babs, you must be so low and so scared. I wish I could be of more help in some way xx

Have you taken your temperature ? Maybe a wee/kidney infection lurking ?

Or could feeling more ill be related to any new medication you were given yesterday ?

I really feel for you Babs, you must be so low and so scared. I wish I could be of more help in some way xx

I would put money on this being the problem. I think it's either new medication, a mixture of medication or even something you've been taking for a while, which has built up in your body. Sometimes it's a case of being given an initial high dose of pain relief, rather than starting off with a much lower dose until your body becomes tolerant of it and then gradually increasing the dose.

I have in the past opted for an increase in pain rather than put up with these side effects, but then I am Emetophobic and so there's not much that's worse for me than feeling I might vomit.

I hope that you can get something sorted out so that you don't feel so dreadful.

That's good news about Sable. She knows and likes Catherine.

I don't suppose ringing 111 would help to get some advice as to why you might be feeling so bad?

They would possibly refer to OOH GP service but they are very stretched where home visits are concerned. It could well end up with an ambulance being sent - as we can't see the patient at 111 we always err on the side of caution, which I know some patients find frustrating.

They would possibly refer to OOH GP service but they are very stretched where home visits are concerned. It could well end up with an ambulance being sent - as we can't see the patient at 111 we always err on the side of caution, which I know some patients find frustrating.

Yes, that's just what I thought.

Yes, I realise now. I remember when I rang with some symptoms and a paramedic was dispatched. Next thing I knew, an ambulance was called and I was admitted!

Spoken to duty dr - - going to prescribe anti-nausea meds I thought were being prescribed last Fri. Hoping neighbour can collect.

Thank you everyone. You've all been so kind, when I know I've been a really miserable female dog. Pain and being alone, as some of you know very well, isn't good.

Thank you everyone. You've all been so kind, when I know I've been a really miserable female dog. Pain and being alone, as some of you know very well, isn't good.

You're lovely Babsie :love:

Always have been. Always will be.

Moan away. Pain is hard enough but being alone and not able to manage is torture xx hugs xx

You haven't been a dog at all. Pain is miserable. When I had my op, oh god I didn't know such pain existed. Feel free to talk. Xxx

Back