• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Off to the vets again.

Can I just ask a quick question. I know I'm a pain lol. Is it normal to hear squeaking noises coming from there tummy when they drink. Jimmys tummy squeaks.

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

Are you sure it's from his tummy and not his mouth/throat?

No, you are not a pain! Never :)

Are you sure it's from his tummy and not his mouth/throat?

No, you are not a pain! Never :)
Oh, it could be.infsct yes it probably is. I am just paranoid about Jimmy because of his strange eating problems, [emoji3] Norah doesn't make that sound. In fact Norah is miss perfect 🤣🤣 apart from the runny eye, which strangely only needs bathing once every 3 days now.

Oh, it could be.infsct yes it probably is. I am just paranoid about Jimmy because of his strange eating problems, [emoji3] Norah doesn't make that sound. In fact Norah is miss perfect 🤣🤣 apart from the runny eye, which strangely only needs bathing once every 3 days now.

Yes I have a squeaker too :) Just one out of three!

Haha I am sure Norah appreciates being Miss Perfect :lol:

Can I just ask a quick question. I know I'm a pain lol. Is it normal to hear squeaking noises coming from there tummy when they drink. Jimmys tummy squeaks.

Is this all the time or just recently. Doughnut gets squeaking when she is going down with a respiratory infection. She sounds like a little piglet when she eats her muesli, cute but not good. She's always been really happy but because I know the noise I pop her to the vets and she's given antibiotics.

Not wanting to jinx anything, but how often approx does Doughnut have an episode?

Well it has got less, last one about 4 months ago and then before that 6 months. The last one was bad and nearly had to go to the vets as added all the medicine in and nothing happened, no toileting so I gave her a bit more of each medicine about an hour and a half later and then an hour after that she toileted and was fine. I then gave her all medicines twice or three times a day for 3 days and she was back to normal.

Is this all the time or just recently. Doughnut gets squeaking when she is going down with a respiratory infection. She sounds like a little piglet when she eats her muesli, cute but not good. She's always been really happy but because I know the noise I pop her to the vets and she's given antibiotics.
It has always happened,i don't think it's bothering him. Maybe it has something to do with the fact his nose is deformed. One of his nostrils is more covered with skin than the other because of the attack off another rabbit when he was little. He does get snotty in that particular nostril but the vet said its nothing to worry about as its the way his nose is, she did tell me to check it every day and make sure there's no changes, His nose is wet most of the time.I have a dog, a cat ,4 budgies and the rabbits and im not joking they ll have issues or disabilitys of some kind apart from 2 of the birds. They are an expensive bunch but worth every penny.

Back