• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Im Scared!!!

Niklovesrats

Warren Scout
I don't know if anyone remembers my awful experience where my Rex rabbit killed my gaint baby doe. Breeder gave us Scooby for free (male giant continental) he has been free run around our house ever since we got him, he is now 8 months old, neutered, has always been really chilled out and laid back. We decided he needed a wife, she arrived on Saturday, she has her own cage in the hallway by Scooby, they cant touch noses or anything through the cage as I have a unit between the two!! Scooby isn't locked up anyway!! I don't have anywhere neutral in the house as Scooby can go wherever he wants to. She has had cuddles with me on the sofa and today I closed the door to give her a run around the dining room and kitchen, Scooby wasn't aware I had closed the door, he was busy making himself comfortable in my bedroom. Im scared to actually let them "meet" They have sniffed through bars and he has also done fisty cuffs through the bars and on the odd occasion he has turned his back on her and stamped his feet. We have made sure that he still gets all the attention he was used to, when we feed her we feed him too. He loves his treat so we have been generous with them!! I don't know how to do an introduction cause I am frightened!!

I don't know if anyone remembers my awful experience where my Rex rabbit killed my gaint baby doe. Breeder gave us Scooby for free (male giant continental) he has been free run around our house ever since we got him, he is now 8 months old, neutered, has always been really chilled out and laid back. We decided he needed a wife, she arrived on Saturday, she has her own cage in the hallway by Scooby, they cant touch noses or anything through the cage as I have a unit between the two!! Scooby isn't locked up anyway!! I don't have anywhere neutral in the house as Scooby can go wherever he wants to. She has had cuddles with me on the sofa and today I closed the door to give her a run around the dining room and kitchen, Scooby wasn't aware I had closed the door, he was busy making himself comfortable in my bedroom. Im scared to actually let them "meet" They have sniffed through bars and he has also done fisty cuffs through the bars and on the odd occasion he has turned his back on her and stamped his feet. We have made sure that he still gets all the attention he was used to, when we feed her we feed him too. He loves his treat so we have been generous with them!! I don't know how to do an introduction cause I am frightened!!

I'll PM you xx

We could always arrange for me to be there when you do your first intro if you'd like someone with you for moral support?

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

We could always arrange for me to be there when you do your first intro if you'd like someone with you for moral support?

how lovely. When I read your post I was going to suggest someone might be able to "be there" with you. I think your fear is understandable

Just a thought but you could contact Alice at Windwhistle Warren and see if she's got boarding space to bond them for you.

That's a really lovely offer and if you lived down the road I would snap your hand off but you live quite a way from me!! Thank you though, so kind x

That's a really lovely offer and if you lived down the road I would snap your hand off but you live quite a way from me!! Thank you though, so kind x
If you do change your mind please let me know. I'd be more than willing to make the journey if it'll help xx

Back