• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Weather Warning: Is anyone bringing in their buns tonight?

Beapig

Mama Doe
We have had really bizarre stormy weather here all day (Cardiff) and there are meant to be winds of 40mph by 10.00pm. My boy Ham is very hardy but his downstairs where he sleeps doesn't have much shelter, he's been staying upstairs for hours which is basically the place he goes to the toilet, so not great. Bea's hutch is more sheltered but I'm still paranoid.

My OH is telling me not to worry about it but I don't want to leave them out there tonight :( What do you guys think?

Yes, we are definitely feeling the effect of the storm where we are. All our buns will be shut in their sheds and playhouses tonight, but during the day the wind has been really taking the doors whenever we've opened them.

What is her set up like? Is it pretty robust? I'm sure I read online somewhere a while back that someone's hutch blew over in a storm, but fortunately the rabbits were ok.

Do you have a place for her inside if you were to bring her in?

Hopefully you won't need to worry and everything will be just fine :) x

It may have been my hutch that you remember reading about! It was on uneven ground at the time and the wind was able to get behind it. I'm extra paranoid now though, since that terrifying experience of finding it face down.

I don't think that either of the hutches will blow over but I'm still worried that the buns will be too cold and scared of the noise of the wind :(

It may have been my hutch that you remember reading about! It was on uneven ground at the time and the wind was able to get behind it. I'm extra paranoid now though, since that terrifying experience of finding it face down.

I don't think that either of the hutches will blow over but I'm still worried that the buns will be too cold and scared of the noise of the wind :(

Oh I'm sorry, I didn't recall it was your hutch and yes, it must have stayed with you. It's seemed a bit calmer here when I fed everyone this evening, so hopefully it will be ok. They probably won't be too worried about the wind and as long as they have hay to cosy up in x

I don't think bunnies get scared of the wind. Bumble was in the run drinking when I went to check on her! (They've got another water bottle in their home) I told her this is no place for a bunny but she doesn't seem bothered!

were forcast stormy windy weather again for weekend, not named storm yet but if gains power it will be storm brian

were forcast stormy windy weather again for weekend, not named storm yet but if gains power it will be storm brian

Thanks for your reassurance you guys <3 We left them out in the end and they were totally fine. mini lop1, is this storm meant to be nationwide?

Back