• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Available Individual: Single indoor rabbit needs a new home

lizzyjm

Alpha Buck
It breaks my heart but I need to rehome Sergeant. I would want him to go to an experienced rabbit owner for my own peace of mind.

Physical Description: Dutch cross, medium sized, black with a white strip in his nose.
Temperament: Chilled, but likes to run around after his treat ball and sometimes jump up on the sofa! He’s mostly litter trained, with occasional stray poops.
Sex: Male.
Neuter Status: Neutered.
Vaccination Status: Had his annual jabs for myxo,VHD and VHD2 in January.
Health: Excellent health, had a routine check-up in May.
Type of home wanted: Indoor with lots of space and some company (human or rabbit).
Reason for rehoming: He’s been on his own since his sister, Pepper, died 2 years ago. He seems perfectly happy but I know rabbits should be with other rabbits and I can’t spend enough time with him to compensate.

Could you foster a friend for him on the understanding that the friend comes back to the rescue if your boy passes first? It can be a good compromise for people not wanting to continue the cycle of rabbit (or other animal) keeping.

Good luck with your decision. It cant be easy especially when you have had him for all that time.

Hi Lizzy, we over the service Tulsi mentions where you adopt but can return the friend when your original bunny dies, we'll also rehome to London

Unfortunately I can’t cope with looking after Sergeant anymore so need to rehome him. A friend with a single female rabbit was going to take him but can’t now. He’s now 8½ and in good health.

Last edited:
Still looking for a home for Sergeant. He’s just had a clean bill of health from the vet and had his VHD2 jab and will have his myxo/VHD jab soon.

Just an update - Sergeant went to a rescue last month, where he was quickly bonded with Bonny and will hopefully live happily ever after!

Back