• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bond is not improving

LarryMolly

Warren Scout
We're 3 and a half weeks in to bonding Molly and Indy. I'm worried their bond seems to be getting worse. Molly has been constantly chasing Indy and he's terrified of her now, before she gets to him he'll thump and run away so we're at a bit of a stale mate. They are back down to being in a small pen now, not that it had increased that much. How long is it ok to keep them in a small pen for? It's difficult leaving them in a small space. I'm wondering if her behaviour is because she's bored but if we add in any hidey houses she becomes territorial over them so we can't add in any stimulus yet. I'm basically just wondering if all this sounds ok, is this normal? There are no fights at the moment so I'm taking comfort in that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We're 3 and a half weeks in to bonding Molly and Indy. I'm worried their bond seems to be getting worse. Molly has been constantly chasing Indy and he's terrified of her now, before she gets to him he'll thump and run away so we're at a bit of a stale mate. They are back down to being in a small pen now, not that it had increased that much. How long is it ok to keep them in a small pen for? It's difficult leaving them in a small space. I'm wondering if her behaviour is because she's bored but if we add in any hidey houses she becomes territorial over them so we can't add in any stimulus yet. I'm basically just wondering if all this sounds ok, is this normal? There are no fights at the moment so I'm taking comfort in that.

All sounds perfectly normal. Mine lived together in a large dog crate (about 12sqft) for almost 2 weeks.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Ok thank you! That's great to hear it's all still normal.

The only thing I might consider is separating them if the male seems stressed. Just so he can have a bit of a relax without her around. (I.e. if he's not eating/drinking properly, appears afraid to move around etc)

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Back