• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bonding outdoor buns

Hi. Bella and Aaron have been living in a split run for 4 weeks. Each section is around 12ft x 10ft. Before Aaron arrived, Bella had the whole run to herself. At the moment they can see and sniff each other through the dividing fence (I even saw Bella grooming his head the other day).

Am going to introduce them for the first time in a couple of weeks. Due to having dogs and a small house and garden, I don’t really have any neutral territory. My question is, could they be introduced in Aaron’s part of the run, or will Bella remember it used to be hers!? And would Aaron now feel possessive over his area even though he’s only been with us a month?

Am first time bunny bonder.

Thanks for reading

Jane

I've known some members to bond on the males territory. But I've no experience of doing this so hopefully someone else can tell you if that's been successful.

Personally I'd see if a friend has a room or garden you would be able to use instead.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Back