• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Ben and Georgina - together once more

Craig 1965

Warren Veteran
Very sad to say goodbye to much loved bunnies. Georgina on 28th September and her life soulmate Ben who sadly dies this morning. Both rescued from different backgrounds but who were brought together and shared an enormously strong bond. Georgina thrived on the love that Ben supplied, endlessly. She was an independent girl but made sure when it was meal time, she got her share of the food by putting her paws in the bowl. She suffered greatly with arthritis since xmas and she sadly lost that fight at the end of September, leaving Ben broken hearted. Ben sadly said goodbye to us this morning and has left a gaping hole in all our hearts. Ben was a gorgeous boy who loved everyone and was so placid and laid back. He would greet you with a lick and loved nothing better than a nose and eye rub before bedtime each night. He loved his food and he loved life. It is just so sad that he just ran out of life to give and we all miss him so much. Georgina and Ben will always be remembered fondly by us all and we hope they are now both together again over the rainbow bridge. Our lives are empty without them.

Very sad to say goodbye to much loved bunnies. Georgina on 28th September and her life soulmate Ben who sadly dies this morning. Both rescued from different backgrounds but who were brought together and shared an enormously strong bond. Georgina thrived on the love that Ben supplied, endlessly. She was an independent girl but made sure when it was meal time, she got her share of the food by putting her paws in the bowl. She suffered greatly with arthritis since xmas and she sadly lost that fight at the end of September, leaving Ben broken hearted. Ben sadly said goodbye to us this morning and has left a gaping hole in all our hearts. Ben was a gorgeous boy who loved everyone and was so placid and laid back. He would greet you with a lick and loved nothing better than a nose and eye rub before bedtime each night. He loved his food and he loved life. It is just so sad that he just ran out of life to give and we all miss him so much. Georgina and Ben will always be remembered fondly by us all and we hope they are now both together again over the rainbow bridge. Our lives are empty without them.

Hi Craig.

Thank you for posting this. I know it was so difficult for you :(

I am so glad you've found this forum where like-minded people can support you.

I am also glad you felt you could PM me, and please know that you can contact me anytime. For anything, including advice for Lillian.

For now, my thoughts are with you and your wife. I wish you some peace. knowing that Ben was not suffering, but at peace when he chose to leave.

He is now with his love :love:

I am so very sorry that you have lost Ben and Georgina :cry: Sending you and your wife lots of hugs at this very sad time. I hope the wonderful memories that you have of them both will support and comfort you during this very distressing time.

I'm so so sorry to read this. I know from your previous post how concerned you were about Ben and how you felt about him. This is so hard and Lillian cannot/will not be a replacement. When we lost out first much loved bun Stew, we had a failed bond with rescue bun Cassie who we had got with the best of intentions but little experience that we were keeping outside on her own - something I now regret. I have always since felt that losing Stew had a silver lining as we brought Cassie indoors and slowly made a lot of progress with her. She was the rabbit I was able eventually to get the closest to despite initially being kicked and scratched badly. I hope you can come to terms with the loss of Ben and Georgina- there are many people on this forum who know what you are going through, and that you are able to find the best way forwards with Lillian. X

Sent from my SM-G361F using Tapatalk

Back