• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Elderly bunny treated for inner ear infection- now has problems with hind legs

So sorry for your recent heartaches and difficult decisions. Her passing sounds so peaceful and I hope this is a comfort to you. It takes time to adjust to your home that you previously shared with furry friends when they are no longer there. It feels like a big hole but there is a relief that your poorly bunny is no longer suffering. Who knows how you will feel in times to come. You've been through too much over the last few months to think too hard about it at the moment. Thinking of you x

Sent from my SM-G361F using Tapatalk

Thank you all, its very helpful and humbling to know people care so much xx

Janey - sorry about your bunny. They are such characters.Poppy was never cuddly, but this last week she wanted to be cuddled, picked up and stroked. When they are poorly and you see their little unique traits disappearing, you feel its time to say goodbye even though its hard. You have to think what is best for them not us.

Scrappys little helper - it is hard to lose three pets in a short time, we cant really believe it.

Pandora x:cry:

Thank you all, its very helpful and humbling to know people care so much xx

Janey - sorry about your bunny. They are such characters.Poppy was never cuddly, but this last week she wanted to be cuddled, picked up and stroked. When they are poorly and you see their little unique traits disappearing, you feel its time to say goodbye even though its hard. You have to think what is best for them not us.

Scrappys little helper - it is hard to lose three pets in a short time, we cant really believe it.

Pandora x:cry:

You couldn't have put it better, this is when I knew it was time. Peter was the opposite, always loved a nose rub but just wanted to be left alone as any movement just disorientated him. They are at peace now, hard for us but not them. Poppy was loved and cared for so much and that's what matters.

My first bunny was Poppy :love:

Hi MM I am doing Ok, thank you for asking. Having a little cry now and then and missing all the things you do for your bunnies, stroking them and talking to them, just them being around. Fortunately I have got a rescue cat that I have only had for two and a half weeks. We decided when our cat passed away, after a while anyway that we really missed having a cat around. It was all arranged before anything happened to my buns. I wasnt sure whether to go ahead, but I am glad now as she is very sweet and gives me another focus.

I am happy to see that your bunny is doing well and that is great and must be a huge relief for you. You must be exhausted.

Thank you again for enquiring about me, you are very kind.

Take care.

Pandora xx

Hi MM I am doing Ok, thank you for asking. Having a little cry now and then and missing all the things you do for your bunnies, stroking them and talking to them, just them being around. Fortunately I have got a rescue cat that I have only had for two and a half weeks. We decided when our cat passed away, after a while anyway that we really missed having a cat around. It was all arranged before anything happened to my buns. I wasnt sure whether to go ahead, but I am glad now as she is very sweet and gives me another focus.

I am happy to see that your bunny is doing well and that is great and must be a huge relief for you. You must be exhausted.

Thank you again for enquiring about me, you are very kind.

Take care.

Pandora xx

How lovely that you've given a rescue cat a second chance :love: Yes, we need a focus when we've been used to caring and loving. There has to be somewhere for all that love to go, I find.

Thank you for mentioning my bunny - yes it's a relief and it's been very tiring. I keep wondering why I am so tired all the time of late, and also I am getting those irritating things that happen when your immune system gets low. If I was a rabbit (someone recently told me I was :lol:) I am sure I would have fur mites by now :shock:

Yes when they are poorly, the worry and extra care can be exhausting. By the way, your bunny in your picture looks very much like my Poppy, only she was slightly more black, and she looked like she had a mexican moustache, bless.

Pandora x

Yes when they are poorly, the worry and extra care can be exhausting. By the way, your bunny in your picture looks very much like my Poppy, only she was slightly more black, and she looked like she had a mexican moustache, bless.

Pandora x

Oh bless her :love: xx

Back