• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bored Bunny

I think my Rabbit might be suffering from boredom, and I don't know how to deal with it.
I know that the most obvious solution is to get him a friend, but as my parents will not allow us to have another Rabbit while I still live with them this is impossible.
He's a free roam house bunny who almost constantly has company and strokes when he asks for them. We also have him toys we've bought - although he hardly ever plays with them.

He loves destroying things, and we'd love to get him a toy he can safely destroy that wouldn't hurt his stomach if he ate some of it. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Willow toys are good. My bunnies haven't tried them but I've heard lots of recommendations for carrot cottages. If you can find some apple / pear trees to prune, the branches keep them busy for hours (good for teeth & digestion too) - mine spend ages stripping ever last bit of bark from branches

I'll keep an eye out for those.

We often get him Apple Tree Branches, but he never chews the bark during seasons when there are leaves on the branches, he just eats all the leaves instead. Hopefully he'll be able to more easily entertain when Autumn kicks into gear.

Back