• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Anyone interested in a bunny rescue team effort?

Behind the scenes? You can say that again! :lol:

I don't want to jinx things by saying anything in public .... but .... :D:D:D

Also, I don't want to pinpoint anyone in particular, but .... I would like to PM you and your Inbox is full :wave:

I'm in Nottingham, I don't drive but I have a large dog crate, two soft carriers and a wooden travel box that you're welcome to borrow. If there's any other way i can help out (that doesn't require driving) let me know! I live near the UoN main campus

I'm in Nottingham, I don't drive but I have a large dog crate, two soft carriers and a wooden travel box that you're welcome to borrow. If there's any other way i can help out (that doesn't require driving) let me know! I live near the UoN main campus

Thank you DemiS - that's really kind of you :)

The people involved will be watching this thread closely (and others I hope!) so we will pick up info on people who are happy to assist.

Hi all, this is such a heart-warming group effort; I'd love to help in any way that I can. ThreeB's you are very brave and have my utmost respect for nudging everyone in to action for these bunnies!

Given the vaccination and spaying/neutering fees will rack up for three rabbits, I'm just pondering, would it help to set up a Just Giving page so that people can donate to whoever takes the bunnies, to cover the vets bills? I cannot take another bunny myself right now, but would be happy to help by way of a donation towards the vets bills!
...Just Giving take their fees from the Gift Aid additional portion of the donation, so the individual or the charity still gets the full donation, it's quite clever by the looks of it!

Only other thing I can offer, free to anyone taking one of the rabbits, it this bunny ark (https://www.feelgooduk.net/product/ark-rabbit-hutch-guinea-pig-house-cage-pen-with-built-in-run/ -- but in white)
Needs a run long term of course, but may be handy for temporarily housing a bun inside?
...I just dismantled it from the aviary this afternoon to make way for new hutches and hides, so I no longer need it. It's in good condition (albeit in need of a clean - it's covered in hay + mini lop fur!) as it's never been directly outside, and my bunnies always just sat on top of it :roll:
I am in SW London however, so I'm guessing it's probably not a goer distance-wise as it would need picking up, but the offer is there if useful!!

x

I've been really rubbish with remembering to check the forum lately so if I don't reply drop me a facebook message (Demi Smith, some of you might be mutual friends with keletkezes or Emma/Mischief and Tinkers mum). I can clip nails and groom if needed

I have all sorts of bits and bobs that I can lend, I've just thought of some more so I'll stick it in a list

Keep for as long as you need:
1 x large dog crate
2 x soft carriers
1 x wooden travel box. It's about 3ft long but quite narrow (on a side note I've been trying to give it away to local guinea pig rescues but they never show up, if anyone wants to keep it let me know)
1 x big bag of pets at home hay

Can lend for a few weeks:
1 x metal rabbit run, I think its 7ft x 4ft but I'd need help taking it down

Can lend for a few days:
1 x plastic carrier (catit cabrio)

I use 'The Vet' which in my experience are a rabbit savvy practice, very cheap and open evenings/weekends with no appt required. If you say I've referred you then we'd each get £10 credit, I'd donate my £10 to you and then that's £20 of 'free' money to put towards treatment of the rescue bunnies. Just a thought :)

Thanks everyone, having this support is fantastic :D It's wonderful that as a community, we can come together to do something like this!

Thanks so much Squishies, any help you can give with regards to funds, would be amazing. Just a note to say though that I'll ensure they get what they need regardless, as I've gone into this knowing what's involved, but I'd be truly grateful if anyone wants to be involved :)

It's very kind if you to offer the bunny ark, although as you say, location could be an issue.

Thanks DemiS, it's so generous of you to offer these items. Maybe P.M Keletkezes to see if she could use these things :) I currently have just one carrier here. The run would be great as I'm putting together a plan to divide our shed into 3 until such time they can be bonded (after neutering of course). Thanks for your idea about the vets, if while they are still with KK they need a checkup or whatever, it could be an option. Otherwise I'll sort all that when they get here.

In the meantime if anyone has any ideas about temporarily dividing up a 7ftx7ft shed, that would be awesome. The shed currently houses our lovely girl Blossom, but she will hopefully move into a playhouse I'm trying to source (long term she's coming in to live with Spud).

I definitely think we should have a page / thread for these three where I can update on their progress x

I've edited a couple of things but just wanted to give a gentle reminder of some of the forum rules, guys. :wave:

Please, no fundraising via the forum - we don't allow members to ask for cash on here (which includes justgiving pages and the like). Only rescues are permitted to post fundraising competitions etc (& those require mod approval via the fundraising section). Links in signatures are ok, but plugging those links on thread is not allowed.

Also, if the rabbits are going to be looking for new homes eventually, please make a thread in Rabbits In Need at that point in time & a mod will approve - no rehoming via rabbit chat etc.

Eeek, sorry - huge apologies Karen, I was trying to offer a donation to those taking on the bunnies, but I can see why there are rules in place around fundraising -- wrists duly slapped, I didn't realise and sorry again!

No worries, Squishies, I hadn't reached the wrist slapping stage yet lol so just consider it a gentle nudge ;)

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

No worries, Squishies, I hadn't reached the wrist slapping stage yet lol so just consider it a gentle nudge ;)

Just a thought following on from our convo Karen .. Would S be able to advertise her hutch/run in 'for sale' and then donate the proceeds where she wished?

Sorry to be thick about the rules. It's really good to have it clearly down, now this rescue operation is really going ahead :)

I've edited a couple of things but just wanted to give a gentle reminder of some of the forum rules, guys. :wave:

Please, no fundraising via the forum - we don't allow members to ask for cash on here (which includes justgiving pages and the like). Only rescues are permitted to post fundraising competitions etc (& those require mod approval via the fundraising section). Links in signatures are ok, but plugging those links on thread is not allowed.

Also, if the rabbits are going to be looking for new homes eventually, please make a thread in Rabbits In Need at that point in time & a mod will approve - no rehoming via rabbit chat etc.

Got it :wave:

Just a thought following on from our convo Karen .. Would S be able to advertise her hutch/run in 'for sale' and then donate the proceeds where she wished?

Sorry to be thick about the rules. It's really good to have it clearly down, now this rescue operation is really going ahead :)
Yep, it'd be fine to put the hutch in for sale (you do need to be a forum supporter to post in there though) - what happens with the proceeds is entirely up to the seller

UPDATE: Hopefully I've contacted everyone I needed to by now. Keep an eye on your inboxes if you've received a message from me :thumb:

Thankyou everyone for stepping in :D We probably couldn't do this without the joint effort.

I am so pleased with the way this is falling into place.

In a way it's been quite magical. The pieces of the jigsaw seemed to float into their places, despite quite a bit of frantic paddling behind the scenes :lol:

So now the final bits and pieces are about to take place...

Thanks so much everyone who has these rabbits' best interests at heart.
It's wonderful to know what we can achieve as a team :D

I am so pleased with the way this is falling into place.

In a way it's been quite magical. The pieces of the jigsaw seemed to float into their places, despite quite a bit of frantic paddling behind the scenes :lol:

So now the final bits and pieces are about to take place...

Thanks so much everyone who has these rabbits' best interests at heart.
It's wonderful to know what we can achieve as a team :D

It was obviously meant to be!

May i ask if they are definitely away from the place. Im frightened of jinxing but also nervous that, when it came down to it, it wasnt allowed to happen. Knowing me I've probably missed an episode.
The kindness of people on this forum is amazing.

May i ask if they are definitely away from the place. Im frightened of jinxing but also nervous that, when it came down to it, it wasnt allowed to happen. Knowing me I've probably missed an episode.
The kindness of people on this forum is amazing.

At this precise minute, they are not away from the place.

I too don't want to jinx anything, but the place has already been visited and all arrangements are sorted for removal.

I know you're not on PM Babsie, so I can't say any more than that in public at the moment :)

Yes, some people have been very kind indeed xx

Back