• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Beautiful Ginger Cat

Sky-O

Wise Old Thumper
Today, on my way to work, I found an absolutely beautiful ginger cat in the road. Everyone was driving past, but I couldn't not stop. Sadly, it was very dead, but it looked untouched- no wounds, no blood. My guess is it was hit by a car and broke it's spine and, incredibly sadly, looked like it was trying to drag itself along when it died.

I was heart broken for this poor, sad, alone cat, as no one deserves to die alone. Part of me wished that he had still been alive, as at least I could have tried to get it to the vets or, just been there and comforted him as he died.

I moved it onto the verge and I'm trying to find the owner.

But, my heart breaks, knowing that he suffered, but I hope it wasn't for long. I really, really hope it wasn't for long.

Be peaceful beautiful ginger cat.

Thinking of you.

X

:cry: how sad :cry: I'm glad you stopped to try to help, it must have been distressing:cry: xx

RIP beautiful puss.

Those I have seen hit by cars and are still on the road have sadly passed very quickly. I've picked up a few that I saw or heard being hit.
If there is a nearby vet, they may collect it if they know about it (if no-one can take it there) and scan for a chip. At least the owner can be made aware and have an option on what to do next - and there is some closure, rather than forever wondering where puss is.

Thank you for moving it somewhere better.

Such a sad thing :cry: My first cat was a ginger tom. There is one who wanders near where I live now and I worry for it because it's either out in the road or in a nearby dumpster often and I fear something bad will happen to it. :(

It was so kind of you to care for this poor wee cat. Thank you for being there.
Sleep well, kitty. xxxxx

Today, on my way to work, I found an absolutely beautiful ginger cat in the road. Everyone was driving past, but I couldn't not stop. Sadly, it was very dead, but it looked untouched- no wounds, no blood. My guess is it was hit by a car and broke it's spine and, incredibly sadly, looked like it was trying to drag itself along when it died.

I was heart broken for this poor, sad, alone cat, as no one deserves to die alone. Part of me wished that he had still been alive, as at least I could have tried to get it to the vets or, just been there and comforted him as he died.

I moved it onto the verge and I'm trying to find the owner.

But, my heart breaks, knowing that he suffered, but I hope it wasn't for long. I really, really hope it wasn't for long.

Be peaceful beautiful ginger cat.

Thinking of you.

X
Oh poor kitty :( bless. I found a cat that had been hit. I thought it was a plastic bag but I took a second take and saw that it was a cat rolling about the road. In shear panic and not thinking straight ( I was absolutely hysterical) I knocked on a random door for help. I happened to knock on a vets door and they helped me. The cat passed away in my car with me on the way to the 24 hour vets :'( I have had my cat ran over before so I know the pain and heartache. Luckily she survived but had a broken pelvis.

Your a good person for not just driving past xx

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

Thank you for caring guys.

Through the power of Facebook we've been able to locate the owner who lived not far away. They were able to go out and find him almost instantly because I had said exactly where I left him. She was so grateful that they know, even though they know that he died. If this happened again, I probably would take him to a vet (if I had time), but I'm glad I didn't this time. He wasn't far from home at all.

She and her husband get some closure and kitty gets the resting place he deserves.

I can never understand how people can just ignore. If it can be taken to any vet, they will scan for a microchip. Your lical Cats Protection may be able to help with this if you aren't able to. Unfortunately, if the Council come and take it they may not scan, despite the fact that they should. I hope the owners of the poor kitty can be found.

Back