• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Doughnut tiddling out of her litter tray

Thank you. She woke me up digging on the door for her breakfast. It's hard to believe anything is wrong since she's so happy and hungry! Lots of twirls and wanted nose rubs. Anyway would rather be told nothing is wrong rather than leave it for her to deteriorate.

I always think that too. Is Doughnut on longterm Metacam ? If so then Mark will probably want to monitor her bloods from time to time anyway x

No I have it for when she has an episode but she's only on ranitidine full time. I have metacam cisapride and metaclop to add in. Then I keep her on all four for a couple of days then slowly withdraw them.

9.15 on Friday she'll be seeing her friend with all the fun things such as scales and webcams. I'll let you know how she gets on.

Thank you. She woke me up digging on the door for her breakfast. It's hard to believe anything is wrong since she's so happy and hungry! Lots of twirls and wanted nose rubs. Anyway would rather be told nothing is wrong rather than leave it for her to deteriorate.

I agree :)

And even if she doesn't deteriorate, she may still be in pain/discomfort. If it's a UTI that is or bladder sludge. However, I hope as you say that nothing is wrong with the little madam :)

She jumps on the scales and then he puts them on to weigh her, she loves the scales then the table with the scales on is next to his desk with his computer and webcam and keyboard. She sometimes jumps up there and nibbles his webcam. Last time she was sitting on the scales and he went out to get the vaccine and she jumped up and had a nibble of the webcam then jumped back down and sat on the scales again. He came in and said how gorgeous are you sitting on the scales and I said you wouldn't have said that a minute ago she was after the webcam again!

He said he likes her naughtiness though.

She jumps on the scales and then he puts them on to weigh her, she loves the scales then the table with the scales on is next to his desk with his computer and webcam and keyboard. She sometimes jumps up there and nibbles his webcam. Last time she was sitting on the scales and he went out to get the vaccine and she jumped up and had a nibble of the webcam then jumped back down and sat on the scales again. He came in and said how gorgeous are you sitting on the scales and I said you wouldn't have said that a minute ago she was after the webcam again!

He said he likes her naughtiness though.

Oh that's so funny! :lol:

Is she captured on the webcam nibbling it, I wonder!

Because he's had her for 10 days, a week at a time etc. he's got to know her well. He said she's naughty but adorable and full of character. I didn't ask why she was naughty but just said are you pleased to be giving her back and he said no she's everyone's favourite.

There was no puddles this morning anyway so will see again tonight and how she gets on in the week then get my syringe out to take a sample if there are any more.

No puddles again this morning and so happy, digging on the door to get me up and then putting her chin on the floor for me to kiss her nose and get nose rubs. Last night I thought she may have dribbled a bit but nothing else and she doesn't smell. The backs of her legs aren't dirty or wet but I didn't lift her up to touch her tail, may do that quickly tonight. I don't want to waste Mark's time and put her in the carrier which she hates for over an hour if she's OK. Since I'm off Friday I can always see if there are any puddles and then book her in for Sunday. It won't be Mark but they are all very good there. She's confused me now!!

Pleased you can't find any puddles. Rabbits are good at confusing us aren't they.

Yes as soon as I make an appointment nothing!! Obviously pleased but I will go through the ritual again tonight of kissing her nose and head then having a quick sniff of her bum lol.

Yes as soon as I make an appointment nothing!! Obviously pleased but I will go through the ritual again tonight of kissing her nose and head then having a quick sniff of her bum lol.

I meant to get back and ask you about Doughnut, so thank you for posting an update!

It's difficult isn't it? I know I umm'd and ahh'd about it, but in the end I am glad I took my little one in for 'testing' :)

She was totally fine last night and this morning, no dribbles or puddles and still really happy. Waking me up again by digging on the door for her breakfast so I've cancelled her appointment. Don't want to waste his time as there were only two appointments left to see him when I booked so would rather an ill bunny went not my little pickle. I'm off Friday so can see what she's like then.

She was totally fine last night and this morning, no dribbles or puddles and still really happy. Waking me up again by digging on the door for her breakfast so I've cancelled her appointment. Don't want to waste his time as there were only two appointments left to see him when I booked so would rather an ill bunny went not my little pickle. I'm off Friday so can see what she's like then.

Good thinking :thumb:

Back