• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Please can I have some vibes for Fudgie

Your poor baby girl & poor you. Sending a million vibes your way. Hopefully the opiates have her comfy even if its scared you her being so subdued. I doubt they'd help with appetite too. Hopefully all the meds will come together soon. I can appreciate you being scared xx

Thank you everyone. I've just been to see her. Unfortunately she still hasn't passed anything and isn't eating for herself. They're struggling to get her temperature back up so she's in a special heated incubator. She was very subdued and didn't respond much to me. The vet did warn me that she will probably be like that as she's on opiates. I'm feeling very upset and pessimistic at the moment. I don't think she'll be coming home [emoji17][emoji17][emoji17]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am sorry that she remains so poorly :cry: I really hope that she can pull through xx

Thank you everyone. I've just been to see her. Unfortunately she still hasn't passed anything and isn't eating for herself. They're struggling to get her temperature back up so she's in a special heated incubator. She was very subdued and didn't respond much to me. The vet did warn me that she will probably be like that as she's on opiates. I'm feeling very upset and pessimistic at the moment. I don't think she'll be coming home [emoji17][emoji17][emoji17]

Oh no Scrappy!

Loads of vibes. Pull through Fudgie!!

I know it's easy to say but try not to panic, 3 out of my 4 buns had stasis episodes and each bun took different lengths of time to produce poop. Rosie took nearly 4 days , she was very ill but made a full recovery so don't give up hope. She sounds like she is in great hands. Sending vibes xx

Sending lots more hugs. I can understand how scary this is, especially when a rabbit has had opiates.

I really hope you get some more positive news soon.

Thank you very much for your kind words and vibes everyone. I really do appreciate it xxx

I'm feeling a bit calmer now. It was just very difficult seeing her so out of it. She's normally very bouncy and hyperactive. I'm trying to think more rationally and of course it's understandable that she would be very quiet as she's unwell and is probably zonked on the vetergesic (sp!). I have to admit it is hard at the moment. Scrappy passed away at the same hospital and I have this awful dread feeling in the pit of my stomach that I'll get that phone call in the middle of the night again. [emoji17]

I hope you manage to get some sleep tonight Scrappy. I shall be sending Fudgie my very best vibes & look forward to a positive update tomorrow

Thank you very much for your kind words and vibes everyone. I really do appreciate it xxx

I'm feeling a bit calmer now. It was just very difficult seeing her so out of it. She's normally very bouncy and hyperactive. I'm trying to think more rationally and of course it's understandable that she would be very quiet as she's unwell and is probably zonked on the vetergesic (sp!). I have to admit it is hard at the moment. Scrappy passed away at the same hospital and I have this awful dread feeling in the pit of my stomach that I'll get that phone call in the middle of the night again. [emoji17]

Oh Scrappy!

Vetergesic does that to a bun. Well lots of buns anyway. It puts them scarily 'out of it' ....

Loads of vibes. Hopefully it will be out of her system by now, or very soon, and she will be eating and pooing xxx

All the best and brightest vibes for dear Fudge coming to you with all due speed. xxxxxxxxxxx

Sending lots more vibes for you fudgie..

And really hope you've managed to get some sleep scrappy and fingers crossed there is some better news this morning for you!

Take care and lots of hugs for you too xxx

Thank you very much everyone xxx

Well the good news is that I haven't had any phone calls from the vet overnight (I've never wanted a phone NOT to ring so badly in my life!)

I'm not sure if they will call me with an update this morning. The vet did say they would only ring if her condition deteriorates and if I don't hear from them it means everything is ok. Kind of no news is good news. Otherwise I have to call them after 12 when the vet has finished the rounds. It feels like an awful long time to wait but I do understand they have a lot of sick animals to look after and they have to have a system in place otherwise the vets would spend most of their time on the phone to their owners instead of treating them!

Thank you very much everyone xxx

Well the good news is that I haven't had any phone calls from the vet overnight (I've never wanted a phone NOT to ring so badly in my life!)

I'm not sure if they will call me with an update this morning. The vet did say they would only ring if her condition deteriorates and if I don't hear from them it means everything is ok. Kind of no news is good news. Otherwise I have to call them after 12 when the vet has finished the rounds. It feels like an awful long time to wait but I do understand they have a lot of sick animals to look after and they have to have a system in place otherwise the vets would spend most of their time on the phone to their owners instead of treating them!

No news is definitely good news. Although I know the waiting and worrying is agonising. Sending millions more vibes for Fudge xx

Back