Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Please can I have some vibes for Fudgie

Quote Originally Posted by Scrappy's Little Helper View Post
    That's so true J&B! It's really weird though because when she catches me watching her nibbling at stuff she immediately stops. I don't think she realises the more I see her eat the fewer syringe feeds she'll have to put up with!

The only thing I'm really foraging at the moment is brambles. It's weird because she doesn't seem to really want them or fresh herbs as much. It's mainly bits of hay and readigrass she's nibbling on. Complete opposite to what you'd expect from a sick bunny. Then again she has always preferred hay to greens.

I haven't seen her drink any water today so I syringed her some during the last feed. I know they get some hydration from the cc mix but I'm not sure if it's enough to keep the gut hydrated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have you brought some gut motility meds home with you at all? Or pain relief?

Mama Doe Scrappy's Little Helper's Avatar

Yep I've got metacam and metacloprimide to give her at home.

[IMG][/IMG]

Bunnies: Snoopy and Chocolate Fudge Cake

At the Bridge: Scrappy My bunny mentor and the beautiful girl who introduced me to the wonderful world of rabbits

Peanut Butter My cheeky boy who came so far in learning to love and trust humans. If only you could have stayed a bit longer

Yep I've got metacam and metacloprimide to give her at home.

Good stuff

Wise Old Thumper

Just wondering how Fudge is doing today ?

I hope all is quiet on the Fudge and Snoopy front this morning?

Are you able to work at home, Scrappy?

Mama Doe Scrappy's Little Helper's Avatar

Hi both, thanks so much for asking.

Well we had a bit of a breakthrough last night. I was giving Snoopy his treat and she hasn't been reacting to the rustling of the bag like she normally does but last night she came running over for a treat. Really didn't expect that. She only ate a bit of it but I found that enthusiasm very encouraging. She then had a bit of dill. She's only managing to eat little bits at a time so I'm still topping her up with syringe feeds. However she does seem brighter and is showing more interest in food. Her poos are also looking a bit better.

Snoopy has been interacting with her more without any problems. Last night she was her in her favourite spot in the living room (she's been sleeping in the litter tray a lot up until now) and Snoopy happily sat close to her. I'm trying to gauge how she's feeling by how they interact with each other and whether she's starting to go back to her normal routines.

I think it's going to be a slow road to recovery but there's sparks of encouragement that she's heading in the right direction. In the meantime I just need to be patient, make sure she has food, meds and plenty of peace and quiet to rest.

MM, I actually have this week off work but I do work from home so I'll still be able to carry on looking after her next week.

[IMG][/IMG]

Bunnies: Snoopy and Chocolate Fudge Cake

At the Bridge: Scrappy My bunny mentor and the beautiful girl who introduced me to the wonderful world of rabbits

Peanut Butter My cheeky boy who came so far in learning to love and trust humans. If only you could have stayed a bit longer

Wise Old Thumper

Well we had a bit of a breakthrough last night. I was giving Snoopy his treat and she hasn't been reacting to the rustling of the bag like she normally does but last night she came running over for a treat. Really didn't expect that. She only ate a bit of it but I found that enthusiasm very encouraging. She then had a bit of dill. She's only managing to eat little bits at a time so I'm still topping her up with syringe feeds. However she does seem brighter and is showing more interest in food. Her poos are also looking a bit better.

Snoopy has been interacting with her more without any problems. Last night she was her in her favourite spot in the living room (she's been sleeping in the litter tray a lot up until now) and Snoopy happily sat close to her. I'm trying to gauge how she's feeling by how they interact with each other and whether she's starting to go back to her normal routines.

I think it's going to be a slow road to recovery but there's sparks of encouragement that she's heading in the right direction. In the meantime I just need to be patient, make sure she has food, meds and plenty of peace and quiet to rest.

MM, I actually have this week off work but I do work from home so I'll still be able to carry on looking after her next week.

Well things sound to be gradually improving and I hope it wont be too long til Fudgie is 100% back to normal xx

That's a relief and a blessing. It's awful when you *have* to leave the house and you've no idea what you will come home to find.

I am so glad she is showing some good signs.

I do know that slow road to recovery ... lots of hopeful and inspiring vibes for you three xx

Wise Old Thumper

Hopefully Fudgie has continued to improve and I am still sending vibes for her xx

Hope Fudgie continues to improve, topping up vibes for her xxx
    [IMG][/IMG]