• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Please Email 'Fetch' About this AWFUL Hutch - U/D WITHDRAWN !!

Sent an email and copy and pasted the minimum requirements for size and that their one fell way below these requirements and would report it.

E-mail sent (thanks for the e-mail address, Babsie). I wish there was a law preventing these awful things from being sold :(
Most people agree that battery farming is cruel. How can they think it's right to keep rabbits in something so small :cry:
I can't help but notice it doesn't say 'rabbit hutch' anywhere on the page. I wonder if they're trying the 'well we didn't say it was for rabbits' approach like Pets At Home tried with their guinea pig hutch. They're just implying it by showing a picture of two rabbits.. :censored:

Last edited:
Reply - does say dear before Amanda but had problems trying to copy it.

Amanda,

I'm sorry to hear that the Trixie hutch sold on our site is unsuitable for rabbits.

I can assure you that we do take issues like these very seriously so I have reported this to our Trading team, they will investigate this issue further. They will then make any appropriate adjustments to our site, which could include removing the product if they feel it is necessary.

Please let me know if there is anything else you need me to look into for you.

Kind regards,

Brad
Fetch Customer Service Team

Just received a reply:

''Dear *******

Thank you for your email regarding the hutch on our webshop.

We have not and would not advise that this product be used for rabbits, but we understand the feedback regarding the image which has been provided by the supplier.
In lieu of this we have decided to remove the product from our range.

I do apologise for any distress caused.

Kind regards,

John Nichols
Fetch Customer Service Team''

Result !! :D

Just received a reply:

''Dear *******

Thank you for your email regarding the hutch on our webshop.

We have not and would not advise that this product be used for rabbits, but we understand the feedback regarding the image which has been provided by the supplier.
In lieu of this we have decided to remove the product from our range.

I do apologise for any distress caused.

Kind regards,

John Nichols
Fetch Customer Service Team''

Result !! :D

I got pretty much the same reply.
Well done Jane!! Thanks to you that's one nasty hutch gone and who knows, maybe Ocado might even go back to Trixie with the complaint.

Congratulations! I can't believe that such tiny hutches are still available to buy, it's very upsetting to imagine the kind of life a rabbit would have in one of those.

The hutch would appear to be back, but now it's a 'small animal hutch' and it's on special offer at 10% off...in the small print it helpfully says 'not suitable for rabbits' :roll: Although funnily enough, if you search via 'rabbits', the hutch appears in the list of search results it brings back. Funny that.

The hutch would appear to be back, but now it's a 'small animal hutch' and it's on special offer at 10% off...in the small print it helpfully says 'not suitable for rabbits' :roll: Although funnily enough, if you search via 'rabbits', the hutch appears in the list of search results it brings back. Funny that.

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr :evil:

Ms Angry from SW London will be emailing them again later today !!

Back