• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Helping a bereved bunny

KeziaD

New Kit
I don't know if this is exactly the right place for this as I'm a complete novice here so apologies if it's the wrong place. I used to have two bunnies, Pandora and Peter, that went around everywhere together. Sadly Pandora passed away last week and since then Peter has been moping about looking for her. We left Pandora with him overnight to get him used to her no longer being able to play but it doesn't seem to have helped. We have a third rabbit, Moana, a three legged rescue rabbit, we've had her for a few months but seperated from Peter and Pandora by a fence. P & P used to either ignore her or try to nip her through the fence so they obviously weren't happy with her arrival. Does anyone know if Peter will accept Moana now that Pandora is gone and how long it might take. (He took nearly two years to accept Pandora when she arrived a few months after he did). Also does anyone know how to help a bereved bunny as I'm sure he's missing her dreadfully.:cry:

I am very sorry you have lost one of your rabbits. I am pretty certain Peter will accept your female. Do you have a neutral area where you could put them or if not try putting her in his area, but don't put him in hers. This will be the best thing you can do to help him. Good luck.

Thanks for the advice. I'm a little worried about putting Moana in with Peter as when we first introduced Pandora to him he went for her and bit half her left ear off and considering Moana only has one back leg, even though she can whizz about, she may be at a disadvantage if he has a go at her.

Have you considered asking/paying a local rabbit rescue to bond them for you?

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

From a 2 mins Google search for Lancashire Rabbit Rescue I found one called Bunny Hop and there appears to be an RSPCA which may offer the service too. Members of the forum may be able to offer ones they know/used/trust if you ask for recommendations in the Rabbit Chat section :)

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Ah, I was looking for Merseyside as technically that's where I am, and it came up with a couple in Liverpool. Thanks, I'll check out your suggestions.

Back