• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Poppy Playhouse - how big is it?

my niece has one!! and im not sure exactly how high it is but i can certainly get in it!! lol

not stand up :? but bent over i can get in and crouching or on your knees would be no problem! :lol:

The Robster has one of these - I find it easy to get in and clean it. True you can't stand up in it, but mine has lino on the floor and its very easy to crouch in it to sweep up and then spray/wash the lino. :)

Thanks for the info!

Lino - thats a great idea.

Did you also put a hutch inside the playhouse? Or did you build enclosures? Have you got any pictures I can see? I have so many ideas for mine, my boyfriend keeps telling me I'm getting carried away and my designs won't work physically!!

Hi there - some photos for you of Robs playhouse :)

Hutch.jpg

SeeYouAfterWork.jpg

He does have a hutch inside the house, but it's a bit of a waste of space - he spends more time climbing on top of it than he does going inside it :)

The orange and yellow tube goes in the outside run when he goes out (he's only outside when we go to work), and he no longer gets the sweetcorn treat type things (honest Bunnyhugger - old photos :wink: )

Thanks for the pictures. It looks so cool.

So you you give him access to the runs while you're at work? I've been wondering if thats OK to do, cos I was hoping to stick a run on the side of my house! Then lock him up at night?

I like the way you put wire on the door. I guess it gives more light. Do you have a problem with foxes in your area? I'm just paranoid a fox could break through the wire.

Hi - he does have access to the runs at each side of the house during the day. Both runs have the plastic covered metal mesh on the bottom as well as the sides and top.

Have never heard of any bother with foxes around where I stay, and the possibility of this would worry me more if Robbie was ever out overnight, but he isn't - he likes his radiator and home comforts too much :wink:

We replaced the wood on the front with wire, as you say, to make it lightier and also a bit cooler. We do have a perspex square which we covered this with last year in the winter though. :)

Oh right, so robbie stays indoors when you're around. I'm going to feel rotten leaving my rabbits outside! Problem is I'll be in a rented house. But when I own my own place I'd have house rabbits.

Thanks for your help and advice :) I think a poppy playhouse is the way we're going. :) and I can't wait :)

Oh wow, The Robster's pad is awesome! Just look at that floor! Clean enough to eat off! Nice work Lynn! :)
Robbie Williams eat yer heart out! lol

@Kara
Is that the house from B&Q ? I've been looking at that too but my kids would probably want it!

I think its the one from the links up on the thread. There is one on the rabbitrehome site that gives them a cut of the monie I think.

My local Focus DIY store has a playhouse called a Bunny Playhouse (very apt) which costs £99. it measures 1 meter 20 cm x 1 meter 20 cm. Unfortunately I couldn't find a picture on their website but it very similar to the one everyone has been talking about.

I hope this helps

Claire

Focus DIY also do a 'kitty playhouse' which is 5' x 5' (I think), we've got 8 of those, they were £129 (with our discount), again, can't find a pic online, but will try to post photos.

~Lisa~ said:
Oh wow, The Robster's pad is awesome! Just look at that floor! Clean enough to eat off! Nice work Lynn! :)
Robbie Williams eat yer heart out! lol

@Kara
Is that the house from B&Q ? I've been looking at that too but my kids would probably want it!

Hello yes it's the b&q one, its lovely!

Yep, that Kitty House is exactly the same as ours, but £275!!!!! that's extorsion!! Sheesh, I got a bargain then :wink:

The window seems lower down on this type of playhouse than the others. Jim has built a shelf level with the bottom of the window for the buns to jump up on, they love lying there.

bunnyhuggger said:
Yep, that Kitty House is exactly the same as ours, but £275!!!!! that's extorsion!! Sheesh, I got a bargain then :wink:

The window seems lower down on this type of playhouse than the others. Jim has built a shelf level with the bottom of the window for the buns to jump up on, they love lying there.

LOL that's exactly what I thought when I saw it! They also have one like the "Bunny Playhouse" that's £99 in Focus... it was over two hundred pounds at that place! It truely does pay to shop around!

I'd love to see some pics of the homes you have, I enjoy looking at everyones bunny homes :)

Sorry to bump this up to the top again but does anybody have any pics of the bunny or kitty playhouse?

We were going to get the poppy playhouse but delivery is two weeks and we can't really wait that long (planning to set it all up while the mother in law to be is on hoilday!) Phoned the local Focus and they have the bunny and kitty playhouse in stock and could delivery thursday!

So any pics would be most appreciated!

Luv Helen x

Back