• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Honey bunny

lauraj27

Warren Scout
Some you may have seen my post in the Help for Head tilt hoppers post on Facebook.

Sadly on Tuesday night/Wednesday morning we lost our gorgeous, mischievous Honey bunny who would have been 9 in January.

Around this time last year she developed head tilt due to an ear infection which we successfully treated. A few months back we noticed she was shaking her head a bit more so off she went back to the vets and the ear infection came back so we were doing ear drops every day for her. Tuesday night before bed she was absolutely fine. She'd eaten all of her nuggets after diving in for them and was happily munching hay when we left her for the night.

I came down Wednesday morning and she was flopped on her side, at first I thought she was asleep as she had a habit of laying like that but then she didn't react when I turned the light on, called her, fussed her or rustled the hay. I'm surprised my screaming of "no" didn't wake the neighbours.

She's been living in a pen in the kitchen for the best part of a year if not longer and its strange that the space is now empty and feels weird giving hay and dinner to the other bunnies and not giving her anything.

I've lost count of the number of headphones I've had to replace because she chewed them and remember the unsuccessful bonding with Harley when there was a bit of a scrap and he lost a nail.

She was a real fluffy munchkin and I'm just so shocked that she's gone. There was no warning; in the past when we have lost bunnies we have been medicating them to high heaven, syringe feeding, rushing them to emergency vets and all sorts but with her there was none of that. I guess it is a blessing but its almost harder to accept because there was no preparation or sense that she might not make it through the night.

Sleep tight my little Honey bunny xxxx

((Hugs))
I'm so sorry for your loss. I appreciate that surreal/shock feeling is very disorienting and not pleasant at all.

In time I hope her peaceful passing is comforting to you, it sounds like she lived a very love-filled life.

Binky free Honey x

I'm so very sorry, but nice that she was in her own home, and wasn't suffering, bless her. Binky free little bunny, and a hug for you xxx

Some you may have seen my post in the Help for Head tilt hoppers post on Facebook.

Sadly on Tuesday night/Wednesday morning we lost our gorgeous, mischievous Honey bunny who would have been 9 in January.

Around this time last year she developed head tilt due to an ear infection which we successfully treated. A few months back we noticed she was shaking her head a bit more so off she went back to the vets and the ear infection came back so we were doing ear drops every day for her. Tuesday night before bed she was absolutely fine. She'd eaten all of her nuggets after diving in for them and was happily munching hay when we left her for the night.

I came down Wednesday morning and she was flopped on her side, at first I thought she was asleep as she had a habit of laying like that but then she didn't react when I turned the light on, called her, fussed her or rustled the hay. I'm surprised my screaming of "no" didn't wake the neighbours.

She's been living in a pen in the kitchen for the best part of a year if not longer and its strange that the space is now empty and feels weird giving hay and dinner to the other bunnies and not giving her anything.

I've lost count of the number of headphones I've had to replace because she chewed them and remember the unsuccessful bonding with Harley when there was a bit of a scrap and he lost a nail.

She was a real fluffy munchkin and I'm just so shocked that she's gone. There was no warning; in the past when we have lost bunnies we have been medicating them to high heaven, syringe feeding, rushing them to emergency vets and all sorts but with her there was none of that. I guess it is a blessing but its almost harder to accept because there was no preparation or sense that she might not make it through the night.

Sleep tight my little Honey bunny xxxx

Oh I'm so sorry Laura :(

Run free beautiful Honey x

It's very sad and a horrid shock for you :cry: I am so sorry that you have lost your Honey bunny :cry:

I'm so very sorry that Honey has gone :cry:
Having been a head tilt bunny's mum for many years, nothing prepares you for the day they leave, no matter how much time passes.
She is looking down upon you from the Bridge, no doubt, as it's obvious how deeply she was loved by you. Sending you (((((Hugs)))))) at this very sad time. xxxxxxx

So sad that honey bunny has gone. It sounds like it was a terrible shock for you but take something from the fact she was clearly loved and didn't suffer x

Sent from my SM-G361F using Tapatalk

Back