• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Veggies

StarskyBunni

Young Bun
Hi all!

Just wondering what veggies i can give to Starksy? He's 10 weeks old and we've been told we can give him fresh carrots but i was just wondering what else i can give him?

Thanks in advance!

Keeley

I started giving Blueberry veg from about 10 weeks.

I started with a small amount of carrot for a few days, then a small amount of spring greens again for afew days just to make sure she was ok with them.
I kept introducing veg like that, then gradually have increased the amount.
I still adding new foods now in small amounts for afew days along with larger amounts of what I know she's ok with.

There is a big list of food's in rabbit edibles thread that are safe to feed.

Yeah...i looked on there, but no one actually says anything about the ages...can they be fed all that long list of stuff from 10 weeks?

we've given Starsky baby carrots and they've gone down a treat...but we dont want to risk anything else as he's just a baba!

Keeley

Im sure i read somewhere 12 weeks...
thats when i started Mubby anyways :D

mubby doesnt like carrots !lol well he hardly ever touches them :roll:

i introduced Mubby in small quantities to cucumber , kale , pak choi , greens... etc etc

his favorite is defo curly kale! and he likes half a tomatoe a day too before bed :lol:

Just try a small amount of each one and check for changes in your bunny's poo. If he has the runs then stop giving him it. I found mine preferred carrots, curly kale, and some herbs, tiny piece of banana. Took a while to introduce them so dont rush.
Chris

Diddeen said:
Just try a small amount of each one and check for changes in your bunny's poo. If he has the runs then stop giving him it. I found mine preferred carrots, curly kale, and some herbs, tiny piece of banana. Took a while to introduce them so dont rush.
Chris

Chris gave good advice. Just try a little at a time. Watch what goes in and be carefull about what comes out!!!

It all depends on what the rabbit was fed as a youngster. When I bred rabbits they were given a variety of greens (or mum was) on a daily basis but many breeders do not follow such a regime and you should assume that they did not to be on the safe side!

Bet this link dos not work!

url]

I was right! :)

The doe is Rosemary and she is a happy sole - honest!

Sadly she is no longer with us but was lovely friend and great mum. I have one of her kits which I intended to show but now she enjoys life as a pampered pet soon to be teamed up with her dad (old boy) Taxus. (trial runs are looking good!)

When I can finish the shed ..........

awww! how cute! We've given Starsky some Carrots but theres been a significant change in his poo so we've cut it down to one baby carrot a day. Thanks for all the advice!

Keeley

Back