• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Do bunnies want more petting as they get older?

cpayne

Warren Veteran
I've found Doughnut wants more attention now she's 6! She is constantly putting her head down for me to give her nose rubs and I then kiss her head from her nose to her forehead. When I give her a little stroke she will then quickly put her chin to the floor to get kisses. She liked attention before but now she would happily let me pet her for ages. She has also always been friendly but now she also likes being petted by my friends and will come over to them and sit next to them so they don't ignore her!

Just wondered if it's an age thing. She still acts like a baby having her mad half an hour and twirling round in circles.

I've found Doughnut wants more attention now she's 6! She is constantly putting her head down for me to give her nose rubs and I then kiss her head from her nose to her forehead. When I give her a little stroke she will then quickly put her chin to the floor to get kisses. She liked attention before but now she would happily let me pet her for ages. She has also always been friendly but now she also likes being petted by my friends and will come over to them and sit next to them so they don't ignore her!

Just wondered if it's an age thing. She still acts like a baby having her mad half an hour and twirling round in circles.

Doughnut sounds completely adorable. I'm just starting to learn bunny language and I love it when Caramel puts her head down for a forehead stroke, and she goes all sleepy and dreamy lol and does that gentle little tooth purr thing. It is my understanding that Caramel is 10 and as she already enjoys strokes and grooming from me, and bearing in mind we only adopted her nearly four weeks ago, maybe bunnies really do appreciate attention more as they get older.

I'd say some of mine have got more affectionate with age but Boo came to us really kissy & demanding :love: I think maybe bonds get deeper. Last year my bunnies were present for a house viewing & all three bombed over to the prospective tenants & put their heads down for fusses. More loves off Doughnut has got to be a good thing

Hyper fear and food aggressive Morning now begrudgingly accepts head rubs from humans now she's 5. She also asks Elphie for grooms, but Elphie has always been dominant and doesn't ever give out what she expects to receive as her birthright. Elph's 7.5 now, I've had her from 8 weeks. Apart from her puberty phase, which was rectified by spay, Elphie has always been a lovebug when it comes to humans.

Doughnut sounds completely adorable. I'm just starting to learn bunny language and I love it when Caramel puts her head down for a forehead stroke, and she goes all sleepy and dreamy lol and does that gentle little tooth purr thing. It is my understanding that Caramel is 10 and as she already enjoys strokes and grooming from me, and bearing in mind we only adopted her nearly four weeks ago, maybe bunnies really do appreciate attention more as they get older.
You should maybe try kissing he's nose up to her forehead with lots of little kisses. Bet she'll love that and I love kissing doughnuts nose.

Doughnut is a real sweetheart, makes me smile :love: I think you may well be right, Treacle would quite happily let me fuss her for all day, she's 4 1/2 now. It's made a big difference her being indoors though, and a single bun, since we lost her brother Toffee last year. I will try kissing her nose :D

Doughnut is a real sweetheart, makes me smile :love: I think you may well be right, Treacle would quite happily let me fuss her for all day, she's 4 1/2 now. It's made a big difference her being indoors though, and a single bun, since we lost her brother Toffee last year. I will try kissing her nose :D

Haha well if she loves you stroking her nose up to her forehead she will love the kissing. Think she probably thinks its grooming although I never get anything back lol. I always feel mean as I stop after a while as my knees hurt on the floor but her chin is still on the ground waiting for me to continue! Let me know how you get on. At the moment I'm getting bits of fluff in my mouth as she's moulting :)

I think yes: both of mine are more willing to sit for bunny-cuddles (as if they'd EVER do human cuddles :shock:) for HOURS. They're still relatively young, Lopsy's about 4, Aboleth unknown but probably about the same. Lopsy when he was inside for 3m was really affectionate, but he was on his own for hours on end, poor chap, I reckon he was desperate! Lopsy likes a really good head scrub, Aboleth likes her cheeks scrubbled but I only ever do it properly on her no-eye side in case I inadvertently catch her only eye :shock:

I always feel mean as I stop after a while as my knees hurt on the floor but her chin is still on the ground waiting for me to continue!
Oh I spend so much time apologising to the rabbits that they're in the wrong place, I'm not in the right condition, I'm too busy to to do more, I'm getting too old for this :)lol:) etc.! I'm such a bad slave :lol:

Back