• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Post Neutering Care Advice

Has she passed some poo throughout the day ?

I'm not completely sure, possibly there are some extra pellets from this morning. I tried picking her some fresh dandilions about an hour ago because I know they're her favourite, and she ate a very large pile. I've pulled her some long, thick grass too, and she's nibbling on that now. So that's really good news. It's time for her Metacam now too, so I'm hoping that will also encourage her to eat it if helps ease the soreness.

Eating dandelions and grass is an encouraging sign. I hope that with the further dose of Metacam she will continue to improve.

Sending her lots of vibes and I hope her appointment with the vet goes well in the morning.

I'm not completely sure, possibly there are some extra pellets from this morning. I tried picking her some fresh dandilions about an hour ago because I know they're her favourite, and she ate a very large pile. I've pulled her some long, thick grass too, and she's nibbling on that now. So that's really good news. It's time for her Metacam now too, so I'm hoping that will also encourage her to eat it if helps ease the soreness.

I am sure she will be OK. It's worrying, but it does take a time for a doe to recover sometimes.

Has she passed any more poo that you've seen?

How's she doing today Bea?

Sorry for getting back to you guys late on this!

Beatrice is doing much much better, thank you :) She seemed a lot perkier Thursday evening, and on Friday morning we took her to the vet for a check up. The vet said that her and Ham have both healed up really well and should be fine. She is eating plenty again and is very spritely and active. We're going to restrict her to the first floor for another few days, because she does like to slide down the ramp on her belly and we don't want to risk her opening her stitches. The hutch is going back outside tomorrow though, I think she is missing being able to see Ham.

P.s, she really loves her snuggle safe heat pad and sits on it all of the time :)

Beatrice is doing much much better, thank you :) She seemed a lot perkier Thursday evening, and on Friday morning we took her to the vet for a check up. The vet said that her and Ham have both healed up really well and should be fine. She is eating plenty again and is very spritely and active. We're going to restrict her to the first floor for another few days, because she does like to slide down the ramp on her belly and we don't want to risk her opening her stitches. The hutch is going back outside tomorrow though, I think she is missing being able to see Ham.

P.s, she really loves her snuggle safe heat pad and sits on it all of the time :)

So pleased to hear that they are both doing well now :D

Such a good update - and I'm pleased to hear that your effort to get the heat pad was well worth it :D

Back