• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bonding my two boys

Sophie92x

Young Bun
For the past couple of days I have been bonding my two buns, they have been getting on very well, grooming eachother and laying side by side, I can also leave them unsupervised. How long until they can live together? I have bought new hutches and connection kits and would love to put them together by the weekend!

What is their current set-up? It sounds like they're living together already, or are you just leaving them for short periods and otherwise keeping them separated?

What is their current set-up? It sounds like they're living together already, or are you just leaving them for short periods and otherwise keeping them separated?

They are in two separate hutches and runs, they can still see/smell eachother. I have been bringing them upstairs to my room when I get in from work to bond.

They are in two separate hutches and runs, they can still see/smell eachother. I have been bringing them upstairs to my room when I get in from work to bond.

In that case, if you do decide to switch to letting them live together full time from the beginning, you'll need to be able to stay with them for the first couple of days. I'd also suggest starting out in a small space and giving them at least a few days before starting to extend it. Even if they're getting on well now, there's still a possibility that they'll fight over something once they're together full time (they may not, but it's a definite possibility!) so you'll need to be able to keep an eye on them. I'd also resist the temptation to rush - I did this at first, I thought it was going well so I moved them on straight away, and we ended up right back at the beginning. Now we're taking it much more slowly, which (so far, touch wood) is causing far fewer problems.

Good luck!

In that case, if you do decide to switch to letting them live together full time from the beginning, you'll need to be able to stay with them for the first couple of days. I'd also suggest starting out in a small space and giving them at least a few days before starting to extend it. Even if they're getting on well now, there's still a possibility that they'll fight over something once they're together full time (they may not, but it's a definite possibility!) so you'll need to be able to keep an eye on them. I'd also resist the temptation to rush - I did this at first, I thought it was going well so I moved them on straight away, and we ended up right back at the beginning. Now we're taking it much more slowly, which (so far, touch wood) is causing far fewer problems.

Good luck!
Perfect advice :) Nothing to add x

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Back