• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

EC

Thank you all. He was fine in the night, made him a pen this morning to keep him from being able to move too much but he seemingly broke out because my mum just went to check him & found him under the bed. She's sorted him out and is making his pen more secure before leaving him again. He's barely moved all week so typical that he chose today when I'm out & he's more wobbly.

I hope you got some sleep too MightyMax & that your little one is improving.

Thank you all. He was fine in the night, made him a pen this morning to keep him from being able to move too much but he seemingly broke out because my mum just went to check him & found him under the bed. She's sorted him out and is making his pen more secure before leaving him again. He's barely moved all week so typical that he chose today when I'm out & he's more wobbly.

I hope you got some sleep too MightyMax & that your little one is improving.

Does that mean he has some strength an attitude? Is he more wobbly because of his foray today?

Does that mean he has some strength an attitude? Is he more wobbly because of his foray today?

I'm not sure to be honest, I don't know if he's just confused, it's so hard to tell.

One minute I think he seems more perky, then the next he's tipped himself upside down. When I watch him he rolls & gets stuck and I leave him to see if he can get up & he doesnt, yet I don't find him fallen over so I wonder with a bit of time, if he does manage to get back up. Anyway....still waiting & hoping. He didn't wee at all yesterday but then he did in the night, I offer him water which he throws out the way, did consider syringing him water just in case but the meds upset him enough & I figure if he can eat he could drink if he wanted. He's eating mainly herbs and spring greens which I guess have a high water content.

I'm shattered, every time I hear a noise I jump out of bed, haha. Actually I'm being dramatic, a coffee will sort me out.

Last edited:
I'm not sure to be honest, I don't know if he's just confused, it's so hard to tell.

One minute I think he seems more perky, then the next he's tipped himself upside down. When I watch him he rolls & gets stuck and I leave him to see if he can get up & he doesnt, yet I don't find him fallen over so I wonder with a bit of time, if he does manage to get back up. Anyway....still waiting & hoping. He didn't wee at all yesterday but then he did in the night, I offer him water which he throws out the way, did consider syringing him water just in case but the meds upset him enough & I figure if he can eat he could drink if he wanted. He's eating mainly herbs and spring greens which I guess have a high water content.

I'm shattered, every time I hear a noise I jump out of bed, haha. Actually I'm being dramatic, a coffee will sort me out.

I hope you're coping - it's emotionally wearing when things go on for a period of time without a reprieve or improvement. It's easy to lose a sense of perspective when sleep deprived.

I think you're right about the water, and wet veg will supply most of his requirements.

How are you coping with the injections? x

I hope you're coping - it's emotionally wearing when things go on for a period of time without a reprieve or improvement. It's easy to lose a sense of perspective when sleep deprived.

I think you're right about the water, and wet veg will supply most of his requirements.

How are you coping with the injections? x

I am coping fine thank you, it is hard but I guess it is what it is. I hope you are doing ok too.

The injections are fine, my previous bun Poppy had them for a long time and Peter had them for his ear issues last year so I'm well practiced. Just ordered some mire panacur from the link you send me earlier in the thread, thank you so much, I'm sure it will have saved me a small fortune.

I am coping fine thank you, it is hard but I guess it is what it is. I hope you are doing ok too.

The injections are fine, my previous bun Poppy had them for a long time and Peter had them for his ear issues last year so I'm well practiced. Just ordered some mire panacur from the link you send me earlier in the thread, thank you so much, I'm sure it will have saved me a small fortune.

You're welcome :)

I'm glad we can support one another on this Forum. I am sending vibes for Petey and strength for you. Coffee can keep us going, but it can't work wonders when day after day goes on and there's no significant improvement xx

You're welcome :)

I'm glad we can support one another on this Forum. I am sending vibes for Petey and strength for you. Coffee can keep us going, but it can't work wonders when day after day goes on and there's no significant improvement xx

Thank you MightyMax & everyone else for your continued support.

Back to the vets tomorrow. No improvement & he's back to scanning again which hasn't been present since the 2nd day, still just as wobbly, walking in circles & sometimes struggles to settle, I really don't know how much longer I allow this to go on for. He is eating but by no means a normal amount, I can only imagine he is feeling pretty lousy.

Urgh, feeling a bit disheartened today.

Thank you MightyMax & everyone else for your continued support.

Back to the vets tomorrow. No improvement & he's back to scanning again which hasn't been present since the 2nd day, still just as wobbly, walking in circles & sometimes struggles to settle, I really don't know how much longer I allow this to go on for. He is eating but by no means a normal amount, I can only imagine he is feeling pretty lousy.

Urgh, feeling a bit disheartened today.

Hi Janey

What time's your vet appointment? Will you get to see Candace?

I am not surprised you are disheartened. It's difficult to know how long to let things go on. Pain is difficult to measure in a rabbit, distress perhaps easier, but still, I know you want to give him the best shot of recovery.

Hugs for you xx

Hi all, sorry I didn't update yesterday, had the most manic day.

Sorry to say it's the saddest news, I had to let my little man go. I'm devestated & miss him like mad already but I believe it was the kindest decision for him. As the vet said, 'he's not enjoying life anymore', and although I wanted to try & give him a chance, I think I did that for a day short of 2 weeks and sadly all he did was decline in that time. Wednesday evening I couldn't even give him nose rubs as it made him fall & then spin & spin & nothing would stop him, it was just awful.

The vet said I have done everything I could for him over the years and that he was a fighter-he certainly was. He was found on the side of a main road having being dumped and was completely yellow from wee stain, I hope that even though the end must have been awful for him the rest of his life was happy.

I just can't believe he's gone, 11 years of rabbit ownership over. I'm not going to get another as I need a break from the emotional rollercoaster that rabbit ownership is, maybe in a few years I will reconsider as they are the most amazing creatures. I have my cat/shadow (ragdoll so neediest animal in the world), and he will keep me company.

Thank you all so much for your help and advice, not just with Peter but with my other bunnies over the years, your knowledge has at times literally been life saving and certain people, I cannot thank enough.

I was out for a work social event last night and somebody asked 'do you still have rabbits'...people really do choose their moments, haha.

Hi Jane

I'm so sorry you lost him but as you said it's what was best for Peter. I hope you're okay too xx

Hi all, sorry I didn't update yesterday, had the most manic day.

Sorry to say it's the saddest news, I had to let my little man go. I'm devestated & miss him like mad already but I believe it was the kindest decision for him. As the vet said, 'he's not enjoying life anymore', and although I wanted to try & give him a chance, I think I did that for a day short of 2 weeks and sadly all he did was decline in that time. Wednesday evening I couldn't even give him nose rubs as it made him fall & then spin & spin & nothing would stop him, it was just awful.

The vet said I have done everything I could for him over the years and that he was a fighter-he certainly was. He was found on the side of a main road having being dumped and was completely yellow from wee stain, I hope that even though the end must have been awful for him the rest of his life was happy.

I just can't believe he's gone, 11 years of rabbit ownership over. I'm not going to get another as I need a break from the emotional rollercoaster that rabbit ownership is, maybe in a few years I will reconsider as they are the most amazing creatures. I have my cat/shadow (ragdoll so neediest animal in the world), and he will keep me company.

Thank you all so much for your help and advice, not just with Peter but with my other bunnies over the years, your knowledge has at times literally been life saving and certain people, I cannot thank enough.

I was out for a work social event last night and somebody asked 'do you still have rabbits'...people really do choose their moments, haha.

Millions of hugs Janey x My thoughts are with you x

I am very sorry Janey, it's hard when we know we can doing nothing else :( That's a lovely story though that he came from being dumped and found a home with you. You changed Peters world and gave him a safe, loving home for the rest of his life :love: Binky free Peter xxx

Back