• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Megazorb

Babsie

Wise Old Thumper
Am I okay to put this on the hutch floor. I've just got a bag, as Catherine used it and I wanted to try to stick to the same. but this was to go under hay in their litter trays. It is a huge bag (!) and I wondered whether it would make soft, cosy bedding for them, or would I need to put hay on top of it? Does that make sense?

I use Megazorb as litter - also used it as flooring to cover the whole floor it's soft and squishy :) I stopped using it as flooring for my inside bunnies because I really couldn't stand the smell of it (might just be me my boyfriend didn't have an issue with it) but in a litter tray was okay as there wasn't such a huge amount of it haha it's really absorbant and easy to clean out of a tray :)

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

I use it but have only ever put under hay.

Graciee I hate the smell too - remind me of sick but easily covered up by fresh sweet smelling hay

Ah to me it was like a bad zoo smell? I'm not even sure haha wasn't good tho! - as I don't have hay covering the entire cage I switched back to carefresh, although it's more pricey D:

I think it would be ok spread over the whole floor but then the bunnies may use the whole floor as a litter tray especially if they are used to having megazorb only in their litter tray.

I think it would be ok spread over the whole floor but then the bunnies may use the whole floor as a litter tray especially if they are used to having megazorb only in their litter tray.

That is what suddenly occurred to me this morning! Don't think I'll be doing that, then. :lol:

I thought that was gunna happen, but my rabbit actually still used her tray - only reason I changed the setup was the smell haha

That is what suddenly occurred to me this morning! Don't think I'll be doing that, then. :lol:

We went from having hay in two large litter trays in the shed, to providing it also in several different large cardboard boxes, which they sit in. The hay-covered area is now more than half the floor space. I do find that they occasionally produce the odd poo in the boxes, but the majority of the time they use the litter trays. It almost appears that sometimes they are just too comfortable and don't want to hop out and move across the other side of the shed to a litter tray :lol: Not Megazorb, but same concept.

If I were you I would give it a try. You'll soon find out if it's successful or not.

I use Megazorb for our indoor buns litter tray and it works fine. I think I've become accustomed to the smell we keep it outside in storage boxes and once in here gets taken over by the smell of hay. It's maybe because I've worked in care for a long time and compared to some smells I encounter, Megazorb is no comparison! Xx

Babsie I found something today I thought your guys would benefit from in winter

http://https://www.petnap.co.uk/acatalog/Flexiguard-Petnap-Pet-heat-Pad-2.html

You could put it under a piece of vetbed in the bedroom area and I bet it would really help Sables arthritis :)

Sorry, I've only just seen this and can't make the link 'work' so will have another go. Funnily enough I've just taken delivery of a roll of slip resistant vet bed for them, which is very cosy and I think will help in all sorts of ways. Actually, Bobby seems much worse on his back legs than Sable - not sure whether that is because she is on Metacam and he isn't?

Sorry, I've only just seen this and can't make the link 'work' so will have another go. Funnily enough I've just taken delivery of a roll of slip resistant vet bed for them, which is very cosy and I think will help in all sorts of ways. Actually, Bobby seems much worse on his back legs than Sable - not sure whether that is because she is on Metacam and he isn't?

Sable never seemed bad on her back legs but kept going into stasis, presumably from the pain. Since she was put on metacam she hasn't had one episode.
Bobby was trialled on metacam but it didn't seem to make any difference. That was about 6months ago so might be worth another trial and see if you notice a difference?

Sable never seemed bad on her back legs but kept going into stasis, presumably from the pain. Since she was put on metacam she hasn't had one episode.
Bobby was trialled on metacam but it didn't seem to make any difference. That was about 6months ago so might be worth another trial and see if you notice a difference?

Yes, I remember now - about Sable! Think I'm just over-anxious and picking up on everything. She is quite lively today, and has been out of the hutch. I have to collect more Metacam tomorrow. John is away till next Monday so not sure whether to try Bobby on a small dose of Metacam from now till then: he certainly seems to be struggling.

Back