• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Spaying

Ross

Warren Scout
Hey guy just a quick question

Will spaying can my rabbits personality??
Atm she's loving, loves running and jumping and very curious... will this change??

Hey guy just a quick question

Will spaying can my rabbits personality??
Atm she's loving, loves running and jumping and very curious... will this change??

Spaying usually changes a female rabbit's behaviour for the better, reducing territorial aggression. She may not be aggressive now, but it can happen over time and spaying will prevent this happening.

It eliminates unwanted behaviours, but doesn't change the personality

http://www.rabbit.org/journal/4-2/winwin.html

So she will still be jumping about and a bit nutty?? Just lose the sorta territorial and sexual needs that will happen more as she matures?

Thank you!! :D I'm really nervous about tomorrow but this forum has really helped calm my nerves a tad !! :D

Hope it all goes well :) had my girl spayed last week she's the same but more loving so far :)

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

So she will still be jumping about and a bit nutty?? Just lose the sorta territorial and sexual needs that will happen more as she matures?
Don't worry, nutty bunnies pre-spay remain nutty bunnies post-spay. Just ask my Mishka :roll:

I hope all goes well tomorrow. I'm certain it will :) I was terrified for every one of mine before their spays/neuters but not one of them had a problem and picked up just fine afterwards :D
I'm just too paranoid ;)
She'll be fine :)

Don't worry, nutty bunnies pre-spay remain nutty bunnies post-spay. Just ask my Mishka :roll:

I hope all goes well tomorrow. I'm certain it will :) I was terrified for every one of mine before their spays/neuters but not one of them had a problem and picked up just fine afterwards :D
I'm just too paranoid ;)
She'll be fine :)

It's a big op, but with a skilled vet, very safe indeed.

My last little one was spayed about a year ago, and I remember being just as nervous as 25+ years ago!

I've only heard good things about the man doing Marnies one tomorrow, apparently he is a small animal expert!
I think I'm very paranoid too when it comes to my 2 rabbits!
But I'll be much happier well this is all over on done with!

I've only heard good things about the man doing Marnies one tomorrow, apparently he is a small animal expert!
I think I'm very paranoid too when it comes to my 2 rabbits!
But I'll be much happier well this is all over on done with!

Rabbits are such wonderful creatures, I always want the best for them and am heartbroken when I can't give them the best of everything possible. I know this is what you want too!

Soon it will be over, and you'll just have to do some post-looking after. Keeping her warm and making sure she pecks at her food and does a few boulders for you x

they are special little creatures!! :)

Off we go to the vets in a min! Thanks for the help and reassurance guys! :)

Sending lots of vibes for Marnie today. I hope it all goes well and that she is very soon home with you recovering.

She's home !! Groggy but she ate a little food at the vets, and they said it all went perfect!! Now the tlc part!! :)

Thanks for all your kind words guys!! :D

She's home !! Groggy but she ate a little food at the vets, and they said it all went perfect!! Now the tlc part!! :)

Thanks for all your kind words guys!! :D

Ah brilliant! Yes, warmth, food, poo and tlc all round. And that includes you Ross, as you probably need it after your short night and all that worrying!

Ah brilliant! Yes, warmth, food, poo and tlc all round. And that includes you Ross, as you probably need it after your short night and all that worrying!

Yeah it weren't a good 24 hours or so but time for us all to relax :)

Back