• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Spaying

She's a bit perky but last night she was really trying to lick the wound non stop! So why I rang the emergency vets as I was instructed ( that's a different branch to our normal vets) they said 'put a t shirt on her' Later i thought mabey they meant a sleeve round her waist? But they didn't say how lol, and where really unhelpful, like they really coudent be bothered with me.

But I've come down stairs today and she taken a couple of treats from me, and eaten some hay done a few poos of the first time since and looks quite happy in herself! So all seems good! :D

Last edited:
She's a bit perky but last night she was really trying to lick the wound non stop! So why I rang the emergency vets as I was instructed ( that's a different branch to our normal vets) they said 'put a t shirt on her' Later i thought mabey they meant a sleeve round her waist? But they didn't say how lol, and where really unhelpful, like they really coudent be bothered with me.

But I've come down stairs today and she taken a couple of treats from me, and eaten some hay done a few poos of the first time since and looks quite happy in herself! So all seems good! :D

Getting a t-shirt to actually fit a rabbit is a skilled operation! Keeping it on them requires even more ingenuity. I am really surprised you were fobbed off with that advice last night.

Licking the wound is normally fine. The stitches would be internal (I hope - they normally are these days) so she wouldn't be able to pull at them.

Eating and pooing is really good. Some rabbits take a few days to get to that stage post-spay :)

Yeah that's what I thought p, didn't think I would be able to was about mift with them tbh!

She seams to be getting back to normal more and more every hour :D

Back