• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I have a few questions.

clairephan

New Kit
What is the best breed for a show rabbit?
What housing would you recommend? Inside or outside?
What is the best type of cage/hutch?

Okay thats all. Thanks!:D

(side note, I live in America and I know most of you are from the UK, so if you know any products I can get in America and the UK that would help immensely.)

Last edited:
I don't think anyone on here shows rabbits, personally I wouldn't take my rabbit to a show.
Personally I prefer to have rabbits indoors now, but have had rabbits outdoors before, and it depends on the rabbits personality as to what is best.
I don't really like cages/hutches, a shed is best for outside, as there's much more space. My indoor rabbit has a rabbit proof room and free ranges when we are home, most cages are too small for a rabbit to be shut in. They need at least 10ftx6ft of space permanently available for them.

I don't think anyone on here shows rabbits, personally I wouldn't take my rabbit to a show.
Personally I prefer to have rabbits indoors now, but have had rabbits outdoors before, and it depends on the rabbits personality as to what is best.
I don't really like cages/hutches, a shed is best for outside, as there's much more space. My indoor rabbit has a rabbit proof room and free ranges when we are home, most cages are too small for a rabbit to be shut in. They need at least 10ftx6ft of space permanently available for them.

I am in FFA and if we get a rabbit through the organization, we have to show it. this was also the only real way to convince my parents to get a pet. I still need to do more research about breeds and food. thanks for the tips!:lol:

Rescue Rabbits are best and inside with the run of the house is best. Mine are clean and use a litter tray. They have a sleeping area and cause no trouble. You will need to learn "the bunny shuffle" *LOL* (don't step on them)

Chillin01.JPG

8 of the best Rabbit breeds:
1. Mini Rex
2. Holland Lop
3. Dutch
4. Dwarf Hotot
5. Mini Lop
6. Mini Satin
7. Netherland Dwarf
8. Polish

Back