• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

New concerned parents attempting bonding......

A really uneventful night, other than the constant licking, chewing and throwing. There was a small amount of chasing and fur pulling about 9 this morning but their breakfast was later than usual and there was a cat outside the window, few minutes later, back to licking. They seem to be all licked out now and flopped out.

How long before I can introduce a house to them? I know this may a possible place to corner each other. Also, when I introduce them to the new shed tomorrow, which will have a sectioned off area similar to what they are in now, how long before I can introduce them to the larger areas / floors?

Can't get this video clip to work here so just click on the FB link. -
22728808_1531692270203428_2555028472058164925_n.jp  g

22549569_1531692640203391_8325970202134346237_n.jp  g
22538620_1531693336869988_7927646118100992479_o.jp  g

Last edited:
A really uneventful night, other than the constant licking, chewing and throwing. There was a small amount of chasing and fur pulling about 9 this morning but their breakfast was later than usual and there was a cat outside the window, few minutes later, back to licking. They seem to be all licked out now and flopped out.

How long before I can introduce a house to them? I know this may a possible place to corner each other. Also, when I introduce them to the new shed tomorrow, which will have a sectioned off area similar to what they are in now, how long before I can introduce them to the larger areas / floors?
Sorry there wasn't a sooner reply.

How have they done in the shed so far?

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

They have been doing so well together. Saturday, she pulled a couple of times, yesterday once before breakfast and once today before breakfast. It's getting like she can't be bothered anymore which is great. They went to the bunny shed for a few hours yesterday and were fine there and they had a house without issue.

Just have one issue now, as soon as they went to the bunny shed the wife was missing them and wanted them back in, so there stay there was cut extremely short. Looking for a solution now to keep them in doors over winter and use the bunny shed and run as a summer resort.

Looks cold and wet today, guess they will be staying in doors with us today.

It sounds incredibly positive. I've replied on your other thread re:housing.

Very pleased for you all. It is great reassurance after all the stress you go through bonding that they really are happier with a bunny friend ....especially when it looked at times like it wouldn't happen!

Sent from my SM-G361F using Tapatalk

Just a quick update, they are still very much loved up, 97% of the time, it's just may be once a day the female still gives chase and pulls fur. Never bites, but I am more concerned that the chase is so frantic that the male get injured from the chase. Once I have waved a towel in to separate they are normally washing each other a few minutes later. There is plenty of hay / toys and distractions in the pen.

I was thinking of putting her in the pet carry crate for a few minutes after each chase so she knows she has done wrong but I ask for your advice before proceeding.

Hi Mark. Sounds like it's been a success. Personally I wouldn't intervene it might frustrate her further. It could still settle some more- she is just demonstrating and reinforcing the pecking order. Bob still chases Boo just for the sake of it sometimes (or so it appears to me) and I do grumble at him by way of letting him know I don't approve but it's always short lived and she doesn't bear grudges.

Hi Mark. Sounds like it's been a success. Personally I wouldn't intervene it might frustrate her further. It could still settle some more- she is just demonstrating and reinforcing the pecking order. Bob still chases Boo just for the sake of it sometimes (or so it appears to me) and I do grumble at him by way of letting him know I don't approve but it's always short lived and she doesn't bear grudges.

Completely agree.

The girls have been bonded 2 years next month and Daphne still lives chase on occasion. I never interrupt as it's all show and no damage can be done.
You could use pet remedy with them - it's an antistress and may help take the edge off. I use it for the girls and I can tell when it runs out as Daphne begins humping and chasing and fur pulling more often.

Thanks for the reassurance, will try the anti-stress if we can't calm the chase.

This is where we are at the moment, we have been trying to witness whatever causes the initial chase but without success, however, we have been monitoring the chase and letting it continue a while longer to see if they can sort it themselves as suggested. We have those balls with a bell in them so we can hear when something is occurring. After a while we stop it with a towel to gently separate them. One thing we have noticed is that the chase is not so hectic now, it appears to be getting more playful, also, Charlie has started standing up for himself by stomping when he is chased, he never used to do this.

Last edited:
Just an update, the fur pulling has virtually stopped, may be once a week and far more playful, other than that. as said before, they are just so loved up I can't believe it. So much licking, cuddling and even kissing, never seen anything like it! If one strays away out of sight, the other will shortly investigate looking slightly worried until together again - inseparable.

As mentioned they are now house bunnies, they have a run under the stairs which is 7ft x 3ft, just used at night for security when the cats about but they sleep most of the night anyway. They have been with our cat for short sessions without issue. They spend from early morning to late night free roaming our large living room which they love. In the evenings they will jump onto the sofa for a cuddle and either fall asleep in our arms, on the cushion between us or watch TV!

Thanks everyone for your help and giving us the courage to persevere, It has been very rewarding.

Oh, we are now going to be fostering bunnies for our local Blue Cross rescue centre.

I have read your thread with keen interest and thrilled at your success, love the photos too.
Congratulations on the blue cross fostering

Back