Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: New concerned parents attempting bonding......

Wish you were closer to help our nerves and help us understand bunny talk

Wise Old Thumper

Quite often a healthy rabbit will bully a sick/weak rabbit so you must take this into account as you don't want your head-tilt bunny being bullied as he has enough to cope with. Hopefully this fur pulling stage will quickly pass.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark1 View Post
    Wish you were closer to help our nerves and help us understand bunny talk

Put a bottle of wine in the fridge and plan for total success!

I often do telephone consults

Quite often a healthy rabbit will bully a sick/weak rabbit so you must take this into account as you don't want your head-tilt bunny being bullied as he has enough to cope with. Hopefully this fur pulling stage will quickly pass.
    Hope so too.

I often do telephone consults
    Noted, thanks.

So we've been having them together for a few hours a day in a small pen while I finish the new shed. All good, even been leaving them alone for short periods, they do lay together, sniff and a small amount of grooming, mainly, they just ignore each other. Today, we introduced them to their new home ground floor, measures 6ft x 7ft, been in there an hour or so and all normal so left them to it. Returned a about 15 mins later to find that the English spot had pulled a fair amount of fur from the other ones rump and they we're sat apart, no blood or bites that we could find but it must have been a bit mad as they were both wet and the water bowl overturned.

All was going so well, why this in the new bunny hotel?

Warren Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Mark1 View Post
    So we've been having them together for a few hours a day in a small pen while I finish the new shed. All good, even been leaving them alone for short periods, they do lay together, sniff and a small amount of grooming, mainly, they just ignore each other. Today, we introduced them to their new home ground floor, measures 6ft x 7ft, been in there an hour or so and all normal so left them to it. Returned a about 15 mins later to find that the English spot had pulled a fair amount of fur from the other ones rump and they we're sat apart, no blood or bites that we could find but it must have been a bit mad as they were both wet and the water bowl overturned.

All was going so well, why this in the new bunny hotel?
    Its new territory which can make one bunny feel the need to reassert dominance - its quite normal. I expect they'll settle. Keep a close eye on them though x

Nerve-wracking stuff this bunny bonding - for the parents I mean.

Thank you, can't wait to post once they are finally together and bonded.
    Last edited by Mark1; 09-10-2017 at 07:38 PM.

Wise Old Thumper

Have you left them alone overnight? I would be a bit worried myself.

Have not left them alone over night, have been gradually leaving them alone for longer periods during the day.

Could you elaborate why you would be worried?

Quote Originally Posted by tonibun View Post
    Have you left them alone overnight? I would be a bit worried myself.
    Could you elaborate further please? Any advice / comments gratefully received.