Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: New concerned parents attempting bonding......

Hi Mark. Sounds like it's been a success. Personally I wouldn't intervene it might frustrate her further. It could still settle some more- she is just demonstrating and reinforcing the pecking order. Bob still chases Boo just for the sake of it sometimes (or so it appears to me) and I do grumble at him by way of letting him know I don't approve but it's always short lived and she doesn't bear grudges.

Sent from my SM-G361F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by JuliaW View Post
    Hi Mark. Sounds like it's been a success. Personally I wouldn't intervene it might frustrate her further. It could still settle some more- she is just demonstrating and reinforcing the pecking order. Bob still chases Boo just for the sake of it sometimes (or so it appears to me) and I do grumble at him by way of letting him know I don't approve but it's always short lived and she doesn't bear grudges.

Sent from my SM-G361F using Tapatalk
    Completely agree.

The girls have been bonded 2 years next month and Daphne still lives chase on occasion. I never interrupt as it's all show and no damage can be done.
    You could use pet remedy with them - it's an antistress and may help take the edge off. I use it for the girls and I can tell when it runs out as Daphne begins humping and chasing and fur pulling more often.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk
    Even the strongest need to have a day of weakness

Thanks for the reassurance, will try the anti-stress if we can't calm the chase.

This is where we are at the moment, we have been trying to witness whatever causes the initial chase but without success, however, we have been monitoring the chase and letting it continue a while longer to see if they can sort it themselves as suggested. We have those balls with a bell in them so we can hear when something is occurring. After a while we stop it with a towel to gently separate them. One thing we have noticed is that the chase is not so hectic now, it appears to be getting more playful, also, Charlie has started standing up for himself by stomping when he is chased, he never used to do this.
    Last edited by Mark1; 11-11-2017 at 02:51 PM.

Just an update, the fur pulling has virtually stopped, may be once a week and far more playful, other than that. as said before, they are just so loved up I can't believe it. So much licking, cuddling and even kissing, never seen anything like it! If one strays away out of sight, the other will shortly investigate looking slightly worried until together again - inseparable.

As mentioned they are now house bunnies, they have a run under the stairs which is 7ft x 3ft, just used at night for security when the cats about but they sleep most of the night anyway. They have been with our cat for short sessions without issue. They spend from early morning to late night free roaming our large living room which they love. In the evenings they will jump onto the sofa for a cuddle and either fall asleep in our arms, on the cushion between us or watch TV!

Thanks everyone for your help and giving us the courage to persevere, It has been very rewarding.

Oh, we are now going to be fostering bunnies for our local Blue Cross rescue centre.

Wise Old Thumper

That is wonderful news! Best Wishes for Christmas.

I have read your thread with keen interest and thrilled at your success, love the photos too.
    Congratulations on the blue cross fostering

Alpha Buck

A great update to this thread, I have been reading with Interest. Brill news and Happy Christmas!