• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Parsley has a new friend

Glingle

Warren Veteran
After losing Bramble, I wanted to find a new friend for Parsley. I checked the local rescues, but couldn't find a suitable bun. I checked preloved, looking for a mature girl that needed rehoming, but they were all male or in pairs. I then found an advert for an unexpected litter nearby. Hubby and I discussed it and agreed that we could accommodate and finance it if the rabbits didn't get along and we needed to get two more rabbits. (I have a secret yearning for 4 rabbits eventually) I messaged the owner asking if she had any girls and got the reply, "I don't know but you're welcome to come and look". After looking up rabbit sexing online, Mum and I went to look.
The lady had two rabbits and the female had dug put of the run and got in with the male. I believe her story as I almost broke my ankle on a rabbit hole in the lawn. She had two 8 week old rabbits left from the litter. One was definitely male and I was 80% sure the other was a girl. I really wanted another nethie and despite claiming that they were nethies, mum and dad weren't but they may had have a bit of nethie in there somewhere! Anyway, I had a cuddle and that was it, bunny was going to come home with us in a few days when we'd got things set up. The woman didn't ask any questions about my set up or anything, so I do wonder what homes the other bunnies went to. Initially bun was to live in the kitchen as a quarantine measure and whilst we got her vaccinated. So, meet Willow,
cpKPLB6l.jpg

3Ne0iTBl.jpg

eos3pkQl.jpg

VLFn8DBl.jpg

She has had her jabs and the vet agrees she's a girl (phew!). She is so friendly and will run up to you for a fuss and lets you pick her up for cuddles which are accompanied by tooth purring and licks. I've not been so well recently and so am home more than usual and I'm sure she is helping my recovery. Of course no bun could ever replace my beautiful Bramble, but I think she sent this bun to me.
On Sunday we introduced her to Parsley and they have got on so well. They snuggle up to each other when they snooze and groom each other. I do think Parsley wonders why he's living with a lunatic though when she binkies over the top of his head!
XYl6YG3l.jpg

She hasn't really got a stripe by her nose it's a shadow from the roof of the run
DPR9QuPl.jpg

After losing Bramble, I wanted to find a new friend for Parsley. I checked the local rescues, but couldn't find a suitable bun. I checked preloved, looking for a mature girl that needed rehoming, but they were all male or in pairs. I then found an advert for an unexpected litter nearby. Hubby and I discussed it and agreed that we could accommodate and finance it if the rabbits didn't get along and we needed to get two more rabbits. (I have a secret yearning for 4 rabbits eventually) I messaged the owner asking if she had any girls and got the reply, "I don't know but you're welcome to come and look". After looking up rabbit sexing online, Mum and I went to look.
The lady had two rabbits and the female had dug put of the run and got in with the male. I believe her story as I almost broke my ankle on a rabbit hole in the lawn. She had two 8 week old rabbits left from the litter. One was definitely male and I was 80% sure the other was a girl. I really wanted another nethie and despite claiming that they were nethies, mum and dad weren't but they may had have a bit of nethie in there somewhere! Anyway, I had a cuddle and that was it, bunny was going to come home with us in a few days when we'd got things set up. The woman didn't ask any questions about my set up or anything, so I do wonder what homes the other bunnies went to. Initially bun was to live in the kitchen as a quarantine measure and whilst we got her vaccinated. So, meet Willow,
cpKPLB6l.jpg

3Ne0iTBl.jpg

eos3pkQl.jpg

VLFn8DBl.jpg

She has had her jabs and the vet agrees she's a girl (phew!). She is so friendly and will run up to you for a fuss and lets you pick her up for cuddles which are accompanied by tooth purring and licks. I've not been so well recently and so am home more than usual and I'm sure she is helping my recovery. Of course no bun could ever replace my beautiful Bramble, but I think she sent this bun to me.
On Sunday we introduced her to Parsley and they have got on so well. They snuggle up to each other when they snooze and groom each other. I do think Parsley wonders why he's living with a lunatic though when she binkies over the top of his head!
XYl6YG3l.jpg

She hasn't really got a stripe by her nose it's a shadow from the roof of the run
DPR9QuPl.jpg

Gorgeous photos of lovely rabbits :love:

Glad the vet agrees with you about her being a girl :D:thumb: She's very pretty xx

What a beautiful girl. :love::love::love:

Young females to older males are in my experience very easy bonds, just make sure you keep an eye out once she becomes near spay age as they can sometimes pester the males and annoy them. Its better to seperate for a short while and rebond if necessary than risk ruining the bond completely.

What a beautiful girl. :love::love::love:

Young females to older males are in my experience very easy bonds, just make sure you keep an eye out once she becomes near spay age as they can sometimes pester the males and annoy them. Its better to seperate for a short while and rebond if necessary than risk ruining the bond completely.
I think Parsley is just so laid back any bond with him is easy. I put him and Bramble in the kitchen together. He had a sniff round then hopped back into the litter tray and they both bun loafed together and ten minutes later she was flopped out next to him!
Hubby and I have already discussed how we could temporarily seperate them when she becomes sexually mature and as you say we will seperate them if appropriate and then reintroduce them.
Parsley is a bit relieved that she doesn't think that dandelion leaves are the best thing ever so he only has to share one leaf with her and then he can eat the rest in peace!

I think Parsley is just so laid back any bond with him is easy. I put him and Bramble in the kitchen together. He had a sniff round then hopped back into the litter tray and they both bun loafed together and ten minutes later she was flopped out next to him!
Hubby and I have already discussed how we could temporarily seperate them when she becomes sexually mature and as you say we will seperate them if appropriate and then reintroduce them.
Parsley is a bit relieved that she doesn't think that dandelion leaves are the best thing ever so he only has to share one leaf with her and then he can eat the rest in peace!

She's so sweet. And so tiny next to a Nethie!

Parsley is like my Nethie, Will. (He's actually Willow but we call him Will as Willow is a girl's name - didn't change it after adopting him).

Lucky you with a stress free bond. Hope it's ok when she gets older.:love:

Back