• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

"I'm coming home, I'm coming home" Updated 17/9 We're Home!

I hope Bobby and Sable have settled back in at home :thumb: you must be so pleased to have them back again :love:

Thank you everyone!
They were very quiet yesterday but have actually come to me this afternoon. Bobby has let me pluck out some his moult. Disaster trying to medicate Sable yesterday: she was in the hutch, low down and 3ft deep and I just couldn't get down to her properly. Today I gave it her on a tiny piece of bread - much better. I know she shouldn't have bread, but needs must. Unfortunately, I haven't got any basil.

aVGjuCM.jpg

With the aid of Bella's perching stool (she likes to sit on it in the open back door!) and a long handled broom I've managed to clean them out today. Ideally I need to make the hutch a bit higher so I can get to it, but it has to be low enough for them to be able to get in and out.

jGZEzTB.jpg

I'm glad they have settled in nicely:thumb: I'm sure that a bit of bread won't harm her for once, would she eat it on a bit of banana or mixed in with baby food?

I'm sure someone could make a ramp for the hutch and then it could be raised up more so it is easier to clean :thumb: I like the flooring they have, it's very jazzy :thumb:

They certainly look very relaxed :love: I hope you manage to sort something out to make looking after them a bit more comfortable for you. You did well to arrange things so you could clean them out today though :D I imagine having them home must seem like another milestone along the long road to full recovery for you, which must give you a lot of satisfaction.

Thank you everyone!
They were very quiet yesterday but have actually come to me this afternoon. Bobby has let me pluck out some his moult. Disaster trying to medicate Sable yesterday: she was in the hutch, low down and 3ft deep and I just couldn't get down to her properly. Today I gave it her on a tiny piece of bread - much better. I know she shouldn't have bread, but needs must. Unfortunately, I haven't got any basil.

aVGjuCM.jpg

With the aid of Bella's perching stool (she likes to sit on it in the open back door!) and a long handled broom I've managed to clean them out today. Ideally I need to make the hutch a bit higher so I can get to it, but it has to be low enough for them to be able to get in and out.

jGZEzTB.jpg

What a lovely area they have Babsie! :)

I think you're amazing the way you are coping with the everyday cleaning and medicating. It's hard enough when one is able-bodied and with no difficulties!

Back