• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Here we go again...

Yeah, I quite see that :)

And in some ways, if they are going to be stressed somewhat by the refurb works, then they can 'huddle together' for moral support. Hopefully! Can you play them some soothing music whilst it's going on?

Yeah that's kind of what I'm banking on. The other advantage is that they'll be in the kitchen for the rebond so they won't get in the way of the workmen. As free roaming bunnies they do have a tendency to get under people's feet!

Soothing music is a good idea. I may have to go nuclear and break out the Barry White!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah that's kind of what I'm banking on. The other advantage is that they'll be in the kitchen for the rebond so they won't get in the way of the workmen. As free roaming bunnies they do have a tendency to get under people's feet!

Soothing music is a good idea. I may have to go nuclear and break out the Barry White!

:lol:

I just googled and this was the first song that came up ... Seems pretty appropriate, so long as they pay attention to the words!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tB54XUhA9_w

Just a quick update on the buns. My original plan was to do a rebond from scratch during the bathroom renovation. After the first day I decided that would be a bad idea. The main problem was with me. I get quite aggravated by loud noise and all the banging and drilling, not to mention upheaval, was getting me quite wound up. I thought I might transfer that to the buns so decided to put off any rebond until after the work was finished and I was a lot calmer, which meant this coming weekend.

I had a barrier up to separate them when I had to go out or go to bed as I didn't trust them not to start fighting. During the day I opened it up to let them interact and try and sort things out for themselves. It went surprisingly well. At first they grunted and lunged at each other and there was a lot of chasing if one went into the other one's side of the flat. That all gradually subsided until it has now finally stopped and they're cuddling up and grooming each other again. ❤️❤️❤️ I really didn't expect that as none of this has taken place on neutral territory.

To be honest this is not the way I planned to have done it and I'll be watching them closely for any more flare ups. But I'm very proud of them for sorting themselves out. I've just ordered loads of nibble sticks from Galens Garden as a reward and treat for being so good [emoji3]

Just a quick update on the buns. My original plan was to do a rebond from scratch during the bathroom renovation. After the first day I decided that would be a bad idea. The main problem was with me. I get quite aggravated by loud noise and all the banging and drilling, not to mention upheaval, was getting me quite wound up. I thought I might transfer that to the buns so decided to put off any rebond until after the work was finished and I was a lot calmer, which meant this coming weekend.

I had a barrier up to separate them when I had to go out or go to bed as I didn't trust them not to start fighting. During the day I opened it up to let them interact and try and sort things out for themselves. It went surprisingly well. At first they grunted and lunged at each other and there was a lot of chasing if one went into the other one's side of the flat. That all gradually subsided until it has now finally stopped and they're cuddling up and grooming each other again. ❤️❤️❤️ I really didn't expect that as none of this has taken place on neutral territory.

To be honest this is not the way I planned to have done it and I'll be watching them closely for any more flare ups. But I'm very proud of them for sorting themselves out. I've just ordered loads of nibble sticks from Galens Garden as a reward and treat for being so good [emoji3]

Scrappy this is great news :)

I must say my heart leapt a beat when I saw the words "a lot of chasing if one went into the other one's side of the flat." It's hard when this happens and I'm immensely relieved that it didn't cause an issue for you or them.

I hope the good vibes continue, and that the renovations don't cause you too much of a headache, though I know what it's like!!

I am so pleased that they have done the sensible thing and made up their differences themselves without any fuss :D

How difficult it is to know how to handle these situations though. I would really love to know what thoughts are going through their heads sometimes. Even just to have some basic rules to go by would be great, but it appears that all rabbits are different, all rabbit relationships are different and who knows what else could be different :lol:

I hope the bathroom work is not too stressful.

Thanks both [emoji4] Omi, you're right it is hard to know what to do for the best in these situations. I didn't really want to put the barrier up because I knew they'd both get territorial about their respective sides but I just couldn't risk them fighting when I wasn't there to break it up.

I was going to keep the barrier up permanently until I was ready to rebond. But it was causing a huge headache for the plumber who had to keep clambering over it to get to the water supply! So I tentatively opened it up and watched them like a hawk! I feel like I broke every rule in bonding but sometimes you have to make the best of the circumstances you find yourself in and hope that it all works out.

Back