• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I'm losing Yan

Thanks everyone. You're right MightyMax, after any distressing event, it's the waking up and remembering, which we did this morning with a cup of cocoa in bed.

I'm sure it's the same with everyone else in this situation, rabbits become so much a part of your life and daily routine that it's the little things that ping the memories. Going round the garden early this morning to collect their forage breakfast, I know where all the individual wild Sow Thistles grow, which would have been his.

My OH is a much more rational, non-soppy type person than me. I know he is upset, but in a different way. His comment to me as he dropped me off outside the vets yesterday afternoon was, "Just remember it's a job well done. There's more to do with other needy rabbits". It's something he repeats each time I get sad.

I know that Yan was very happy, which gives me enormous comfort. Even though he was 7 1/2, he was just so bouncy :love: His nose was always trying to project out of a small gap in between the runs when I arrived with their forage, just so he could be first! I also am fully aware that I almost lost him 3 years ago when he was so ill with Myx.

Tan and Tethra amazingly seem completely OK. They are still very greedy and it's also nice to see that Tethra is getting more cuddles from his Mum :love:

This sounds adorable, and a happy memory to treasure.

Yes, you nursed him well, and made him the strong lad he turned out to be :)

You know we on RU are always ready to support you in any way we can. Logic and soppiness abide together here :love:

Lovely to hear how mum & son are looking after each other. I had a little lip wobble when I came across loads of milk thistle yesterday afternoon. Yan had a charmed life & i hope those memories of your cheeky sounding boy replace any questions & doubt, although as you say its normal & I suspect we all do it. Bouncy is a lovely description :love:

Thank you MM, J&B and dp :love:

This morning, as I suspect every morning for a very long time, I expected to see his squished-up nose poking through the gap in the runs as I walked through the pergola with their garden forage :love:

Thank you MM, J&B and dp :love:

This morning, as I suspect every morning for a very long time, I expected to see his squished-up nose poking through the gap in the runs as I walked through the pergola with their garden forage :love:

((((((((((((Hugs))))))))))))))) xx

Back