Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 'Ham House' - a walk in run in the making

Quote Originally Posted by Omi View Post
    It's certainly looking great

I can remember when mine looked like that because we disassembled it and brought it here. If you have any queries about putting it back together, pm me and I'll ask my OH. I think it's the same with most things, they come apart much more easily than they go back together

Yes, which rabbit is that in the pic?

Taking a garden building with me when I moved house wasn't something I would ever have considered. But given the cost of it (and I expect it wasn't too difficult to disassemble?) I guess it makes sense

Warren Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by MightyMax View Post
    Taking a garden building with me when I moved house wasn't something I would ever have considered. But given the cost of it (and I expect it wasn't too difficult to disassemble?) I guess it makes sense
    No, disassembling it wasn't too difficult, but it was more difficult when it came to assembling it again

I took it for financial reasons, but also mainly for sentimental reasons The greenhouse was bought new by me when I was by myself and was a key element of my life then. I'm not sure I could ever part with it

Warren Veteran

It's looking really good Beapig

Hope the bonding goes well. Keep us updated

Warren Scout

Quote Originally Posted by Omi View Post
    It's looking really good Beapig

Hope the bonding goes well. Keep us updated
    Thank you Omi! I'd love to see a photo of your Alton greenhouse, by the way

Oops itís going to be amazing! Lucky bunnies!

What a brilliant space. You can see the difference in the wood. Amazing.
    [IMG][/IMG]

Warren Scout

This looks great, fab idea using a greenhouse! I would recommend putting the hutch access at the back of the hutch so that you can open the hutch door at the front for feeding. I have cut a hole in the back of my hutch with the run at the back as I found this so much more convenient for cleaning out etc. So mine have 24 hour access by popping out through the hole in the back straight into the run. However, you may need a tunnel if it doesn’t fit flush against it. Looking forward to the pics!

Warren Scout

Some updates on our new bunny house, which is nearly finished! Beatrice got to try it out for the first time today and she absolutely loved it. As you can see, we have the hutch in place now, facing into the run so they can pop in and out. CometLucy195, we were thinking of making a hole in the back as you suggested, but it is really muddy behind the hutch, so in the end we decided to have it facing in.

All that is left to do now is put a picece of wire above where the hutch roof is and put the rest of the perspex on the roof, which is on order. We're swapping out the glass on the roof and it was very brittle.

The first picture is the view from upstairs looking out onto the garden - I'm an artist who works from home and it's lovely now that I can keep an eye on them while I'm at my desk Mr. Hamo will be joining Beatrice in a few weeks when his crazy hormones have subsided

20171025_160316 by Rachel Brown, on Flickr

20171025_155319 by Rachel Brown, on Flickr

20171025_155235 by Rachel Brown, on Flickr

20171025_155220 by Rachel Brown, on Flickr

20171025_155217 by Rachel Brown, on Flickr

Warren Veteran

You must be so pleased. It looks fantastic

That is some transformation. Love it!