Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 'Ham House' - a walk in run in the making

That's going to be fabulous, can't wait to see progress pics!

My rabbit shed & aviary build thread: http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/sh...86#post6423486

Some one i know has done this for chickens but i commented to my daughter only yesterday what a brilliant idea it is and how perfect it would be for rabbits. It will make a perfect house!

Warren Scout

Hi everyone,

I'm finally able to update you on the progress of 'Ham House'! To re-cap, we bought an old 'Alton' brand greenhouse from eBay for 10 (worth over 4000 new) which is 8ft x 10ft. It has cost a lot more than 10 to do everything else, because it needed restoring in places, painting (which has taken forever but is nearly done!) and then other materials such as bricks and wire.

So the perimeter is a couple of layers of concrete bricks, laid onto a concrete foundation. The baton bolted onto the bricks will attach to the frame of the greenhouse at the sides. There is strong mesh under the new turf so that there's no way the bunnies can dig out. The same type of mesh (16 gauge with small squares) will be attached to the sides of the frame all around so that they can't nibble the wood or of course, escape. For the roof we're using the original glass to provide some shelter. The hutch is going to be at the back, facing into the run with the door always open, so that they can hop in and out.

Today we've just been trying to get all of the painting done. Definitely hoping it will be finished and up by next weekend. Here are some pictures

Before we bought it/this is what it will look like when assembled:

s-l1600 by Rachel Brown, on Flickr

The stage we're at presently with the build:

20171015_172703 by Rachel Brown, on Flickr

20171015_172715 by Rachel Brown, on Flickr

20171015_172723 by Rachel Brown, on Flickr

We've only been in this house for a couple of months and are yet to make ourselves comfortable because all of our spare time and energy has gone into making this set up for the bunnies

It's looking amazing. I can't wait to see the finished pictures.

Who is giving you the little begging face in the last picture? I melted with the cuteness level xx

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

You've all been working so hard!

It's going to be amazing and I can't wait to see it finished ...

Yes I would like to know who the little cute face belongs to

Warren Veteran

It's certainly looking great

I can remember when mine looked like that because we disassembled it and brought it here. If you have any queries about putting it back together, pm me and I'll ask my OH. I think it's the same with most things, they come apart much more easily than they go back together

Yes, which rabbit is that in the pic?

Warren Scout

Thank you everyone, and thanks for the offer Omi, I'll let you know if we run into any issues - luckily we found a PDF for the instructions online so fingers crossed it goes back together smoothly!

The begging face is Mister Hamo (Ham), when he's stood up against the bars like that he's usually asking for a cheek massage and a hug :L

Quote Originally Posted by Beapig View Post
    Thank you everyone, and thanks for the offer Omi, I'll let you know if we run into any issues - luckily we found a PDF for the instructions online so fingers crossed it goes back together smoothly!

The begging face is Mister Hamo (Ham), when he's stood up against the bars like that he's usually asking for a cheek massage and a hug :L
    Oh Ham. I will come a visit and give you massages and cuddles all day! I'm on my way now x

Warren Scout

Quote Originally Posted by daphnephoebe View Post
    Oh Ham. I will come a visit and give you massages and cuddles all day! I'm on my way now x

He would love you forever daphnephoebe

A little update on the new run - we started to put it up yesterday! The glass still needs to go into the roof and the 'windows' on the sides, plus the door needs to go on and hutch needs to be attached at the back. Then we can add all of the play things to the run etc. So far so good!

20171020_175835 by Rachel Brown, on Flickr

20171020_175842 by Rachel Brown, on Flickr

We are bonding Ham and Bea indoors today, just about to start...wish us luck!

Looking amazing.
    Lots of good bonding vibes being sent x