• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

'Ham House' - a walk in run in the making

It's certainly looking great :D

I can remember when mine looked like that because we disassembled it and brought it here. If you have any queries about putting it back together, pm me and I'll ask my OH. I think it's the same with most things, they come apart much more easily than they go back together :lol:

Yes, which rabbit is that in the pic?

Taking a garden building with me when I moved house wasn't something I would ever have considered. But given the cost of it (and I expect it wasn't too difficult to disassemble?) I guess it makes sense :)

Taking a garden building with me when I moved house wasn't something I would ever have considered. But given the cost of it (and I expect it wasn't too difficult to disassemble?) I guess it makes sense :)

No, disassembling it wasn't too difficult, but it was more difficult when it came to assembling it again :)

I took it for financial reasons, but also mainly for sentimental reasons :love: The greenhouse was bought new by me when I was by myself and was a key element of my life then. I'm not sure I could ever part with it :love:

This looks great, fab idea using a greenhouse! I would recommend putting the hutch access at the back of the hutch so that you can open the hutch door at the front for feeding. I have cut a hole in the back of my hutch with the run at the back as I found this so much more convenient for cleaning out etc. So mine have 24 hour access by popping out through the hole in the back straight into the run. However, you may need a tunnel if it doesn’t fit flush against it. Looking forward to the pics!

Some updates on our new bunny house, which is nearly finished! Beatrice got to try it out for the first time today and she absolutely loved it. As you can see, we have the hutch in place now, facing into the run so they can pop in and out. CometLucy195, we were thinking of making a hole in the back as you suggested, but it is really muddy behind the hutch, so in the end we decided to have it facing in.

All that is left to do now is put a picece of wire above where the hutch roof is and put the rest of the perspex on the roof, which is on order. We're swapping out the glass on the roof and it was very brittle.

The first picture is the view from upstairs looking out onto the garden - I'm an artist who works from home and it's lovely now that I can keep an eye on them while I'm at my desk :) Mr. Hamo will be joining Beatrice in a few weeks when his crazy hormones have subsided ;)

20171025_160316 by Rachel Brown, on Flickr

20171025_155319 by Rachel Brown, on Flickr

20171025_155235 by Rachel Brown, on Flickr

20171025_155220 by Rachel Brown, on Flickr

20171025_155217 by Rachel Brown, on Flickr

A lovely set-up! Where are you going to bond your 2 bunnies as Beatrice will be becoming territorial over this new accommodation?

Thank you so much everyone for the lovely comments! :) Tonibun, we're going to bond them in an outbuilding attached to our house, it's used as a utility room but is only single brick so the temperature is very similar to outside. We'll thoroughly clean out Bea's hutch before they go back in there together and we're also going to move things around a bit/add a few new obstacles etc in the run so it is at least partially unfamiliar and new to Beatrice.

Back