• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Charlie Bear in Stasis

I am dreadfully sorry to hear that Charlie Bear was not able to recover :cry: Letting him go must have been one of the hardest things you have ever had to do :cry: But it shows just how much you love him, putting his needs before your own.

RIP Charlie Bear, you will live on in the heart of your special human friend :love:

Sending love and millions of hugs this morning. We have both lost our precious, beautiful boys :cry:

I can 100% empathise with how you are feeling. The pain is overwhelming :cry:

As the minutes go by though, I think you will take comfort from the fact that they were both hugely loved, hugely cared for and above everything else were happy :love: It certainly doesn't diminish the pain, but it makes it a little easier to bear. We have each made a massive and positive difference to the lives of two very small creatures.

Sending love and millions of hugs this morning. We have both lost our precious, beautiful boys :cry:

I can 100% empathise with how you are feeling. The pain is overwhelming :cry:

As the minutes go by though, I think you will take comfort from the fact that they were both hugely loved, hugely cared for and above everything else were happy :love: It certainly doesn't diminish the pain, but it makes it a little easier to bear. We have each made a massive and positive difference to the lives of two very small creatures.
It really hurts . I set up his pen in my bedroom all fresh bedding and hay for him to come home. That really hurt not seeing him there. We are just going to have the day off and relax. I've let Millie and Toby binky around the bedroom this morning which cheers me up . I'm so tired yet can't sleep . My OH was crying out for Charlie in his sleep it was harrowing. I feel blessed to have such a special bun in my life. You did everything you could Omi you are a great bunny owner . I'm so sorry you lost your bun too. When im hurting i know your hurting too. This is an awful time. I'm just going to concentrate on Millie and Toby now and give them a great life. I will cherish every moment.

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

Charlie bear is home [emoji173]
a4e0656191a076b6c27f2dfd1bd9259c.jpg

I'm actually nearly in tears over here, nothing compared to what you must be going through though D:
At least you were with him and he went peacefully, he's not suffering any more. I think he would thank you for helping him.
It just goes to show how much these little creatures mean to us. We should never ever take having these wonderful creatures in our lives for granted!
I hope you can get some sleep and know Charlie will be watching over you for sure xxxx

Thank you every bun. It's comforting to have him back. I'm going to make him a nice urn and some tributes

Charlie "The Bear". Helped to the bridge one year ago today. We miss you everyday Charlie.

"It's our duty to please that augoti"

We still laugh about your Nokia 3210 "voot voot vibration" noises you used to make in the morning for food. They where so loud and you would circle around with excitement. Toby is learning the ways of the voots but he has nothing on the master.

Now I can reflect with a clearer mind, I know that is was your spine causing pain in relation to your bent foot, and causing severe arthritis. You are a special boy and we really wasn't expecting you to leave us but please know we let you go because we love you

Charles Montgomery
Charles De Gaull
Mr Voot
Charlie Warly Bear

We love you so much
2760c0684fc90d78807087757504cb7c.jpg
14dac7287ba1f7696708951d81375f8c.jpg
08a6435fcf4e243e2016efbac08a73d3.jpg

Charlie "The Bear". Helped to the bridge one year ago today. We miss you everyday Charlie.

"It's our duty to please that augoti"

We still laugh about your Nokia 3210 "voot voot vibration" noises you used to make in the morning for food. They where so loud and you would circle around with excitement. Toby is learning the ways of the voots but he has nothing on the master.

Now I can reflect with a clearer mind, I know that is was your spine causing pain in relation to your bent foot, and causing severe arthritis. You are a special boy and we really wasn't expecting you to leave us but please know we let you go because we love you

Charles Montgomery
Charles De Gaull
Mr Voot
Charlie Warly Bear

We love you so much
2760c0684fc90d78807087757504cb7c.jpg
14dac7287ba1f7696708951d81375f8c.jpg
08a6435fcf4e243e2016efbac08a73d3.jpg

Sending you lots of hugs. I thought of you and Charlie Bear, as it is the same time that we lost our precious Yan.

Back