• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Charlie Bear in Stasis

loobers25

Warren Veteran
My Charlie has really gone downhill over night and has stopped eating completely. We did have an appointment with JC Saturday but Charlie won't make that. I'm stressing out as I have no money . I really hope they will let us pay the bill end of this month. I hope they consider the fact we have always paid our vet bills in full and will give us a chance :( I have to see a locum today. I'm really really stressed I've been up all night

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

Not sleeping makes things 100 times worse. Good luck with your appointment today. I think you'll be fine about payment - i know other people have found Anton Vets helpful.

I hope the appointment goes well, I am sure if it is your regular vet they will be understanding about the money so I wouldn't worry about that. As Babsie says, no sleep means everything seems worse.

Sending lots of vibes for Charlie and hugs to you xx

Thank you every one. We have an appointment 10.20 today . Will keep you all updated x

My Charlie has really gone downhill over night and has stopped eating completely. We did have an appointment with JC Saturday but Charlie won't make that. I'm stressing out as I have no money . I really hope they will let us pay the bill end of this month. I hope they consider the fact we have always paid our vet bills in full and will give us a chance :( I have to see a locum today. I'm really really stressed I've been up all night

I have your PM, and will reply xx Take care, my thoughts are with you xx

Charlie is in the bunny hospital. They are going to try and get him eating again. Fingers crossed. Borrowing the money of a family member so I will try and sleep tonight x

Charlie is in the bunny hospital. They are going to try and get him eating again. Fingers crossed. Borrowing the money of a family member so I will try and sleep tonight x

Sending more vibes for him and hugs for you xx

I hope that he will respond well to treatment and be able to return home tomorrow XX

Hope charlie picks up in the hospital, know how your feeling, was up also last night with getting hold of my boy and putting him in bed with me, while I just massaged his tummy, he picking up now hope Charlie does soon to xx

Hope charlie picks up in the hospital, know how your feeling, was up also last night with getting hold of my boy and putting him in bed with me, while I just massaged his tummy, he picking up now hope Charlie does soon to xx
Thank you mini lop. We set up camp in our bedroom to keep an eye on him last night. I will get an update around half seven xx
1b2a5948f00f6d8b97fbda4189b21fde.jpg

Early update! The vets called. Charlie has eaten hay and some carrot but no poops yet . She said sleep well tonight. Will contact me tomorrow for a plan if he starts eating. I need to get his arthritis under control so he doesn't go into this again xx

Poor Charlie! Glad to hear he's eaten something though, that's a good sign!
Thinking of you both. I hope he picks up soon.
I don't know if there's much evidence to support how useful they actually are but I used to give Willow Oxbow Joint Support and they seemed to really make a difference to her. I've heard others say the same but I'm not sure how much actual evidence there is to them working? Certainly not a replacement for meds but possibly something to look into to go alongside? I don't know, might not be any good to you but just thought I'd mention as Willow certainly seemed to move easier in her older age after she'd been on them for a while.

Poor Charlie! Glad to hear he's eaten something though, that's a good sign!
Thinking of you both. I hope he picks up soon.
I don't know if there's much evidence to support how useful they actually are but I used to give Willow Oxbow Joint Support and they seemed to really make a difference to her. I've heard others say the same but I'm not sure how much actual evidence there is to them working? Certainly not a replacement for meds but possibly something to look into to go alongside? I don't know, might not be any good to you but just thought I'd mention as Willow certainly seemed to move easier in her older age after she'd been on them for a while.
He has science selective joint care at the moment and he will not eat any. Even before stasis. I will try oxbow thank you xx

Hope you receive some good news from the Vet this morning and that CB will be able to return home. I expect the Vet will suggest a treatment plan for his Arthritis. This may include giving him daily anti-inflammatory analgesia -eg Metacam

Additional complimentary therapies that can be useful for managing arthritis are acupuncture and cold laser therapy. My Vet offers both

https://www.twickenhamvets.com/acupuncture/

https://www.twickenhamvets.com/laser-therapy-amazing/

A bit more reading material related to Arthritic Rabbits :

https://rabbitwelfare.co.uk/rabbit-health/rabbit-arthritis/

http://www.disabledrabbits.com/arthritis.html

http://www.goddardvetgroup.co.uk/pet-factsheets/Factsheets/Otherpets/24_290501.shtml

http://www.medirabbit.com/EN/Bone_diseases/Osteo/arthritis.htm

Back