Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Snuggle safe

So I was very interested in this product, but was rather put off by some of the horror stories among the over thousand reviews on amazon.co.uk (check out the one star reviews) It sounds like such a brilliant product but when it goes wrong it's a bit scary. Has anyone on here had one of these go wrong on them?

Quote Originally Posted by Natalie View Post
    So I was very interested in this product, but was rather put off by some of the horror stories among the over thousand reviews on amazon.co.uk (check out the one star reviews) It sounds like such a brilliant product but when it goes wrong it's a bit scary. Has anyone on here had one of these go wrong on them?

Never had one go wrong. I haven't read the reviews, so I'll have to go and see what's happened ...

The most I've had is one warped because I left it in the microwave too long ...

Quote Originally Posted by MightyMax View Post
    Never had one go wrong. I haven't read the reviews, so I'll have to go and see what's happened ...

The most I've had is one warped because I left it in the microwave too long ...
    They came open and spilt a hot wax like substance, it did put me off Here's a link to the one star reviews: https://www.amazon.co.uk/SnuggleSafe...ews-filter-bar

Here's a quote from one of the reviews:

Mum took one of these out of the microwave after use as directed and clutched it to her chest.
    Dense molten wax sprayed over her arms and hands and down her clothes.
    She raced to the sink and ran her hands under cold water, and the wax set. As she peeled it off, the skin on her wrists came off with it.

Her fingers are blistered, and her arm needed burns dressing.
    I an still finding wax deposits on items six feet away from where she was standing.

Potentially very dangerous.

Quote Originally Posted by Natalie View Post
    They came open and spilt a hot wax like substance, it did put me off Here's a link to the one star reviews: https://www.amazon.co.uk/SnuggleSafe...ews-filter-bar

Here's a quote from one of the reviews:

Mum took one of these out of the microwave after use as directed and clutched it to her chest.
    Dense molten wax sprayed over her arms and hands and down her clothes.
    She raced to the sink and ran her hands under cold water, and the wax set. As she peeled it off, the skin on her wrists came off with it.

Her fingers are blistered, and her arm needed burns dressing.
    I an still finding wax deposits on items six feet away from where she was standing.

Potentially very dangerous.

Gracious, that's terrible

I must say that since using electrically heated pads I don't use the snuggle safes so often. I hope those are very isolated cases ...

Warren Scout

I put brandi snuggle safe in his bed area so it heats up the whole area and the hay gradually and it's not just one little spot that's warm

When I showed it to him in a cover he was so confused! Like "it's warm like a bunny, but it doesn't look like a bunny "