• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What should I do? HELP!!!

Hello to all. I have just joined, need a bit of help

when I put my first litter tray in there cage they chewed it so much that I couldn't use it anymore, so now I use a baking tray :lol:, is there a solution? They also do lots of poos outside there litter tray, how can I sort this as well. I'm really stuck

Any suggestions would help :love:

Last edited:
Welcome! :wave:

What sort of litter tray were you using? Usually, a high-sided plastic box (like an underbed storage box) is the favourite choice, as this helps to contain "things". Are they definitely going outside the tray, or is it possible that they are just knocking poos out when they jump away? This is a very normal occurrence and just one of the hazards of rabbits :D Having their hay in their litter tray, or over it in a hay rack, is the best way of making sure they go in the tray, as they'll generally eat and go at the same time.

We use a "under the bed" storage box with newspaper and hay as a litter tray. One of ours is a chewer, she hasn't attacked the litter tray box (yet [emoji6] )

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

I second the underbed storage suggestion. I have a large one, stuffed full of soft hay, under their hay racks. They sit in it to eat and generally go to the toilet at the same time.

They also do lots of poos outside there litter tray, how can I sort this as well.
In my experience this is just a rabbit thing. They poo as they go. My boys are extremely tidy, all weeing (and most poo) goes in their litterbox but I still have "stray" poos all over their shed floor. :roll: :lol:

Back