• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Entertaining rabbits

Monty's Human

Alpha Buck
I am hoping to call on the wisdom of the forum please :wave:

Still going through bonding with the rabbits. At the moment, they are largely confined to the kitchen (which is small and doesn't have much to do) but are now
trusted with a couple of hours a day in the living room, which we are slowly building into ever longer periods. I can't do anything for them in the kitchen, so I am trying to make the living room more exciting, with plenty to do to keep them occupied. They have a litter tray, a cardboard box with hay in, a dig box and a box with a commercial forage box in it. They also have a ball, although they tend to ignore that. They can't currently have access to their hutch, but they do have a coffee table with a shelf they can sit on (they normally choose not to) and a sofa they can hide under.

Anything I do needs to be able to be removed out of the way while they aren't in the living room, can't be permanent and can't cost too much. I think I am already exhausting all the food entertainment options, so I am looking for other things. My main thought is to get a tunnel, if someone can recommend one that they can chew/wee on without problems (I know my pair!) and which can be stored somewhere during the day? Are there any other things I can be doing for them?

Thanks all!

I am hoping to call on the wisdom of the forum please :wave:

Still going through bonding with the rabbits. At the moment, they are largely confined to the kitchen (which is small and doesn't have much to do) but are now
trusted with a couple of hours a day in the living room, which we are slowly building into ever longer periods. I can't do anything for them in the kitchen, so I am trying to make the living room more exciting, with plenty to do to keep them occupied. They have a litter tray, a cardboard box with hay in, a dig box and a box with a commercial forage box in it. They also have a ball, although they tend to ignore that. They can't currently have access to their hutch, but they do have a coffee table with a shelf they can sit on (they normally choose not to) and a sofa they can hide under.

Anything I do needs to be able to be removed out of the way while they aren't in the living room, can't be permanent and can't cost too much. I think I am already exhausting all the food entertainment options, so I am looking for other things. My main thought is to get a tunnel, if someone can recommend one that they can chew/wee on without problems (I know my pair!) and which can be stored somewhere during the day? Are there any other things I can be doing for them?

Thanks all!

I have several of these:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ROSEWOOD-...318121&hash=item1eac18832b:g:~pcAAOSwzgRWztOj

They fold down and spring out on command. I am sure they are waterproof and can be washed.

They can be linked together to form a tunnel warren.

I take them on holiday with me. When I have the buns too, of course ;)

When I read the thread title, I thought you were going to tell us of the entertaining antics your two had been up to :lol:

I have several of these:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ROSEWOOD-...318121&hash=item1eac18832b:g:~pcAAOSwzgRWztOj

They fold down and spring out on command. I am sure they are waterproof and can be washed.

When I read the thread title, I thought you were going to tell us of the entertaining antics your two had been up to :lol:

Thank you! They look good, I'll have a look around :D I think we could only fit one in, but hopefully even that would be an improvement for them.

I think the only entertaining behaviour is, having seen me put the forage box in a box so for once it won't end up all over the floor, they both tried to squeeze in then found they couldn't then eat it and so Ossie has spent all evening with this giant piece of forage box, running up and down, not quite sure where she's taking it but determined it won't be near Monty (and will be all over the floor). Pests!

I have several of these:

When I read the thread title, I thought you were going to tell us of the entertaining antics your two had been up to [emoji38]
I had tunnels similar to these for my ferrets.
The tunnels were outside year round and got scrubbed and hosed down twice a week. They generally lasted 12 months even being constantly made wet/hung out to dry.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

I had tunnels similar to these for my ferrets.
The tunnels were outside year round and got scrubbed and hosed down twice a week. They generally lasted 12 months even being constantly made wet/hung out to dry.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

This sounds good thanks :thumb: We're still, er, thinking about litter training more than demonstrating on occasion, and we like to chin everything in sight, so I am prepared for turf wars...

(Tonight ended abruptly when Monty started humping again. I'm at my wit's end with the pair of them!)

I have several of these:

Sorry to jump on the post but what size rabbit do you use these for? I bought my French lop a kids tent/tunnel for the garden but I would like him to have something in the living room. He's being a bit mischievous at the moment (eating carpet and trying to get under cupboards - he just stole a banana from my shopping too but that was quite cute. Wasn't happy that I took it from him, although I gave him a slice)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry to jump on the post but what size rabbit do you use these for? I bought my French lop a kids tent/tunnel for the garden but I would like him to have something in the living room. He's being a bit mischievous at the moment (eating carpet and trying to get under cupboards - he just stole a banana from my shopping too but that was quite cute. Wasn't happy that I took it from him, although I gave him a slice)

Hi there :wave:

They are quite roomy. How big is your Frenchie? I think the dimensions are on the item.
I'll have a check on mine if not and let you know :)

Hi there :wave:

They are quite roomy. How big is your Frenchie? I think the dimensions are on the item.
I'll have a check on mine if not and let you know :)

Yeah they are thanks, will see what his outside ons is for a comparison

Back