• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

And the award for the scuffiest moult goes to Nancy

Den

Mama Doe
Nancy just about wins.

Who else has mega moult going on.

In the 4 years I've had them I have never seen anything like the amount of fur coming off them!
e323291f259c4b63434eb32688f05d47.jpg
c42a0c756376463cd20e4f6f7f2056e0.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

We've had a big moult here, too. I've taken to saying I'm going to start selling toupees and merkins from it all. I think Nancy wins the uneviable prize of scruffiest though :D

I've never seen Alf moult so much, either! Just the slightest tug on his fur (he likes it - I'm not hurting him :lol: ) results in handfuls of tufts. But his fur is so soft, it almost feels like there's nothing in your hands!

It's black and white rabbits who're mostly black revealing their 'inner white rabbit', isn't it! Lopsy's the same: Aboleth has some lovely moult lines but Lopsy's just a blob of tufts! Especially the winter to summer one, we do the same fur 'pulling' and come away with handfuls! Aboleth doesn't really like it but she gets less tufts so it's not so bad!

Nancy just about wins.

Who else has mega moult going on.

In the 4 years I've had them I have never seen anything like the amount of fur coming off them!
e323291f259c4b63434eb32688f05d47.jpg
c42a0c756376463cd20e4f6f7f2056e0.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

hahaha ... one of mine has just finished a stonking prize-winning moult.
I hate having to catch them several times a day to remove skirts and fluffs :)

I hate having to catch them several times a day to remove skirts and fluffs :)
MM, and anyone else with skirty bunnies, do yours INSIST on doing weird things like weeing on the floor (when thye wee in the litter tray all other times) and then sitting in it ONLY when they've got a skirt?! Aboleth does :evil: She gets this 'lovely' orange 'hombre' look :lol:

MM, and anyone else with skirty bunnies, do yours INSIST on doing weird things like weeing on the floor (when thye wee in the litter tray all other times) and then sitting in it ONLY when they've got a skirt?! Aboleth does :evil: She gets this 'lovely' orange 'hombre' look :lol:

Will wee'd on my lap the other day after a grooming session. He's NEVER done that before 🤤

Oh yes, I've never seen so much fur coming off Treacle in the whole of her 4 years ! I've started collecting it, putting it in a bag, ready for next spring when it will go in the garden for the birds to collect ! :D maybe our buns know something about the coming winter, that we don't ! :?

What's a merkin?? :lol:

Seriously my girls are moulting like crazy too, hope it's not the sign of a hard winter on the way. Also, all my swallows and martins left this week, one evening I was outside with the buns and there were loads of them flying around, twittering. The next day they'd all gone.

Oh yes, I've never seen so much fur coming off Treacle in the whole of her 4 years ! I've started collecting it, putting it in a bag, ready for next spring when it will go in the garden for the birds to collect ! :D maybe our buns know something about the coming winter, that we don't ! :?

That's what I'm thinking. Pigeons still appear to be nest building. Maybe the 3 month Indian Summer I read about is on the cards???

What's a merkin?? :lol:

Seriously my girls are moulting like crazy too, hope it's not the sign of a hard winter on the way. Also, all my swallows and martins left this week, one evening I was outside with the buns and there were loads of them flying around, twittering. The next day they'd all gone.

A very... particular kind of wig ;) Not the head sort.

I hadn't thought about collecting it for the birds! I did think of giving it to the hamster for bedding, but concluded that probably wasn't advisable. Now I feel mean I've been throwing it all away :(

The birds use the fur in the spring. It has never occurred to me to bag this lot up for next spring.

OH would think I've lost the plot for sure. :lol:

Back