• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Fiver ~ Gotcha Day Augst 20, 2008 - September 5, 2017

So very sorry to read this. You haven't failed them, you've done your best by them. You clearly loved them dearly and I'm sure they would have felt that. X

Sent from my SM-G361F using Tapatalk

Oh no I am so sorry 😢 you havnt failed them, they had the best mum in you, they had love a d devotion, they are now together, and will be watching down on you, there memories I'll live on forever in your heart, big hugs xxx

Binky free precious boy and enjoy meeting up with your friends at the bridge. Don't forget to give your mum a gentle nudge now and then to make her smile xxxx

I'm so very very sorry, Fiver was so lucky to have you, he knew you loved him. Binky free with Mimzy, and all your friends little one xxxxxx

Thank you everyone.
I may be taking a brief hiatus from RU. This has really torn me down and the best thing I can do right now is concentrate on other things I've left aside so that I could focus more attention on the rabbits. Working and taking care of personal business is the only way I can keep my mind from circling through the events of the last two weeks.

An interesting thing tonight though. I had become quite cross, I was ready to retire for the evening but still had to walk the two dogs. I was taking out the trash and had a few bags to drop in the bin. I kept going past this rock in the path. It wasn't there this morning when I went out, I don't even recall seeing it this afternoon, but there is a thick mist outside tonight...fog right down to the ground, very eerie. I passed the rock 3 times and on the 3rd pass I picked it up, even though I didn't want to. I brought it into the house and washed it off, as I often do with rocks I pick up. It wasn't until I turned it over that I got this weird feeling and looked at it very carefully. I even asked my daughter to look at it too, just to be certain I'm not losing the plot.

I can see, and probably only I can see this really, the form of a wee rabbit. It is seated in attention position with it's head turned towards me, not to the side so I can't see it's eyes. On the forehead area of the image of the rabbit is a white spot, like a blaze.
Fiver's blaze.
The body is petite but well formed and I even see two grooves where the lines of two straight up ears should be. There is another groove that forms the foreleg. There is even, as my daughter pointed out, a white-ish dot where a fluffy tail would be.

You can only see the image on the rock when it is wet. We've had no rain or even a hint of moisture for weeks. Tonight is full moon and the marine layer has come in strong, which is good for the wildfires nearby as well.

I have a rock my son gave me years ago that has a stronger image of a rabbit in it, so perhaps I was subconsciously picking up this rock for that reason.... But I'm probably just seeing things. If I can I'll get a picture of it, but I honestly don't expect anyone else will see it. I think it was just meant for me.

He is still with me. :cry:

I am so very sorry and very sad to see you have lost Fiver too, I had no idea. I know how heartbroken you will be, it does seem so unfair to lose both Mimzy and Fiver so close together and so unfair they don't live longer.

I know you are beating yourself up but pleased be reassured you gave them the best possible loving and caring life. When it all goes wrong with their health I know it is easy to question yourself and have doubts but we forget how well they hide their pain for so long, it's also a horrible experience to see them gone.

Life has been tough for you in the last several years and I send a heart felt hug to you. I know when I lost Mr B I couldn't bear looking at RU for weeks.

I hope your broken heart starts to mend soon. Xxx

I am so, so sorry to read this.

I understand you need time away from RU but please know we are all here for you.

Binky Free Beautiful Fiver.

MM sending you hugs.💔💔💔

Oh MM, I'm heartbroken for you, I'm so so sorry Fiver had to go :cry: I know how devastated you will be, even more so as it is so soon after Mimzy :( please do not think you failed anybun, you did everything you could have done, and you couldn't have loved them more. Please know that I'm thinking of you, and sending loads of love and hugs :( xxx bunny free beautiful boy xxx

I don't want to keep coming back here, but I meant to at least remember you on the 5th, the one month since you've been gone. :cry:
I don't want anyone on the forum to think I am attention seeking, I just wanted to mark the passing of time.

It still doesn't seem real that he is gone. I still miss him so much, almost more than Mimzy. And I guess that's because it seems like Fiver's fate was more cruel. It shouldn't have happened the way it did.

But all I really want to do is cuddle you again, little bun. I wear a little angel bunny in memory of you. I have a lovely plush bunny given by close friends that I snuggle...but of course, it is not the same as your precious presence.

I found a video of you and Jenna on my phone today while trying to make some space on it. I shouldn't have watched it, but I couldn't help it. :cry:

Wherever you and Pip and Mimzy are, I hope with all my heart we meet again someday.

To the moon and back, my dearest ones.... xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Ah this post has made me so sad, I didn't realise you had lost your little ones. Lots of hugs for you xx

Back