• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Fiver ~ Gotcha Day Augst 20, 2008 - September 5, 2017

MimzMum

Wise Old Thumper
At around 4 pm this afternoon, My Beloved Fiver went to be with his friends at Rainbow Bridge.

I cannot even begin to eulogize hm, but wanted to mark his passing.

Sleep well, little Hrairoo. I'm so sorry we couldn't do anymore for you. This world is a cruel place and you are more fortunate than I, now that you are in Paradise. I will never forget our last day and I hope you and Mimzy and Pip will watch over me. Come rest with me while I try to reconcile this awful day. I need to feel your wee paws beside me.

I sent a lock of my hair with you. You need something to tickle your ears with in Heaven.

Love you forever, blessed wee boy. Sweet dreams and no more pain.
I will take it all on for you now, for that is all I have left.

Binky free xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx :cry::cry::cry::cry:

Oh MM. Im tearing up after reading your words. The love you have for your furbabies and this last act to set them free...
Binky Free Fiver! Free of an ailing body and reunited with your friends. I loved getting to know you through your human companion. She loves you so much!

2Mzr23GOQgWtEuU-jAt1oBgrugXyQLGJNbjAmmGCMXpg3M3nGreyJWdaW7MuqXGV2ryxbusiiwNSCATI1r8mRRtaP35agD8SweyOARd3vZBAKs7XXQE5e0hov5cAvf8FSGkyDpJubAKK1ydw1gXQx9wNisFrOWesMR96UDa11Ke-NX6CIwkBu_9gIsb1czlf-aG1NzKglZYMc8VgEblsKW7ip6aNStUz4htBBElo3dI-g7nsgaiO_3U7ULguNnDTrW_Ll6-VqzdKFMFMJvYwhcIGLQ4sjunItE1Mo4PKayEzl8DXksRa9niWErEugm4Ecxdf5ddDZlcLerHxP47DnjoL4UnrRJJAISJGu8wQ_f_4CAoZNbSSe93rgwWfETdceFpgjnU4SlYGK1iYnPzIkkN4EGuVxKGp6_-0mvnhDUruU1_SwMQxfwnmEEFeY72lH3pPjxZ34RGRIAcLhCbU7M5Cw-_G6lSAYI8-ZTkhloGRXCTcXtpojNaD_bMwFB49TBc0ZYtDHQvr7J557q_MkNZUtTFtjv16AwDRcX5w7E5sqzir-J6eoWoZ4oWQ2TwHD1uYzcqW47OuH6N1YKomCab_9cxHbzORO2OoGZ0ZMdz4dANwFF-A=w1663-h935-no

wi0rpZju2WbTMeosEd7KH876iUmRj-NXAS9GsdKg-Tl1acYmLfaMSxuUV4l-ZcEdWA_6-bLvIR9KkaZHgfUEQGmjR9MTdLtTZuKstkhlEz4RX0dPTE9Ih19PekTh0dn_dKlos1v-SdjPoZ4XHGXxnc6lvGiTPAa4wsKxOeKexAr9cyf8Sdz9F-daWbm_Y2zPtMlvNTaYLvSj7rdvhj1q2i2vBV_BAy4XFwVsp0bamyE26AY_r5jSlkTiNlLD1ELTZEmfeNpIF2Pbce6FklR47vyysp7AHR1EEjIYKldg6_FFi12qwGAJJ-4kkzPpK79RrfMWGys0QlO40-oqG7cxB8TaL4PFijvHTngSU1jG7jwzCK8TK285ei8Za99OWlURyLfHP2JFxTCbcNM33HQTkMfZDz_VkiX8YdhZr7qcQ7fcX-i2LCPVmMiQU-rG5Gg-AvlTDrJva_tn27ewa9PAZ-_icV4PqSL6UIiFDoXJ6O9PSs7CXgger68qug_s1tfAnG_she4p1Rw0j5mlf3E-jEZhyb5bN2_7fbo-_5X-DKD5Z-yWvrPZ2DmjSFz7Ieg67zIF1T9gAfo0i5V6MrSmoJ056LjzlPFn5APpsWIiD4zrmLJm1koN=w1663-h935-no

1kXBDOGDymkT1HGuqqidBBr_BupqaUsQZouF05FwEauj2rPoU_AwUL7n6772r6ArCxRQGt420NPSA4X50nWYGIZtJyT4nAtaayMhpXGEz4Pm7wi3J9vlUCYS2GbzCVOgmQNsZtrOeEPbaPBBlr-esltBvLE--F5Xe_m_NkFeSvS2IJQgwuSg4q7oqXy0KzEjFB_qxr1mjrWz0FOCrHyNAswb8pEWQ5_1Xwsz6sOSdl7QS1nPDZMT2VbCm9hDhW2V_qdH0I1wjz4WOrmCeSiOu5j6wD7vb06apifkY99KaB1AsKPLiB1KAhonCN3qtQqY0vI4Z0CQVO6YCeHwZLhPavSBqQ9QEBVcKy6l7sPHybCWibuHy3fhF65QMBVC0-0tVq_LYRgB5XUasW5IjMYjC5nSBBvNEDc7v5fQtyKBNvyI6dMHOd74zqMZesN27M04FegTnLGsWN2DBqsUxHpgyrqvPCw8kzmBf7wNpfseTMv2LU5YrYGMokQcQ04FaPWBJJuiUzcXh6KADxK92Q0_5BCMD-x2IaAD0rpwyaQgwHHtW7O-Nf_lHXuDWY3Vy6fpK_1TzErYA_SWpaP4HKQotDHOd8KsLq56YSfTnKXNqfrJFGtQL38k=w1663-h935-no

COvg6aSyFCHeY2qeZ7I_uXH7idrpLJnAkXOjF9OWwQv-CKPiQIROpZp6PybCW9Mqw4713Bk3CPL6QK_MxIIxbx_YBq8xZLSpmj-TM8bDZ9wuq-0JL6lr3SOhSq84OdqaTWbdF5y8BMaxDsLEzNHvwwSon4pPPWV_Vm5mtVM-dA3khudzBQuLR4GYYVzXauWBQsqG3zTJq6ldBwaW3EQ6C5ceQ8X99uloCzNZjisNnm_hkHLk7PHKtW2aYCbAu0o9thF-1ttvYFUmwEBfZpFJcC-xrawkFzyrZ7scpxfk-ivPSHkh36_slM-EDkFEk7VG15DxtzWms7cp_DcFVzRs6Gnc8rxyONEaJwUu-E9ZsYyuhnSwzc8OKJpsPVgKNukCU0w7KCH3Bm6X_ny9YnMXDT0afSFmJvgO7sTkHdoldJiWe_MXOWyKqHJud1l7bUpu6wamaKUYXz7JYnanXxBQw49YWY3BVcbGroPq6rgyCHOzcaz-0ATgl3dQ7ljSkI1vx9F4W2fK_EZ-XeiwPaq9qHZwrhM9HH7VzRXWXeVCxsfKhK-Wy0ZALHBJC79vv8eph8qrMz8Gg9TcsjaNQvW0yDwwOgK9UoyP3mKbTvWcHimyXXzRbVFs=w1663-h935-no

GX_WLac0XuKnkaNus-AV58K9EWXqkG8Uy9qR06g8Wpe-mB5R7qb9b3_WDTLO7CQnd9_NjeL5hhvGPjX65DXCTkG72lrcAzvKOCSq6UIydlKjbUrCnX2iwsThEDFlJJf2d42KkKxa5PlLnx5dBZKfqFI9yFWPXQLIEJDyoTrJE9x42wtH7kB7xB-z3N2x6AXdqae2Ts4FKE5sIGr3nleUgCkNclOn-kS4WnkGbcRiPO1S4GUOeoTfFcdAkaf2SwOvMQSWr1-nlA-6vXTSDRMWqYa1X5d6lRuz0QeNqD15MhgQhkg8bzIHPDAE6I7MaiQRi2BK9DwyZL7oeLqNICOU7rbsdQ5dWH0qMM9Aan6LDvvQOn5ITQ0symQMfbZMt0DLu2QGJIyk5J1XJzarSKwRNW6BbsVzTYNZRQhHMhY6QtnVUggmtMOS4Q-oHVuDf7Yy4VNNjz2g2bxGM1MwbZlL7HM-mmXDPVaiVU76OrR9wTCInDUP5CtTmnXDwQa9ReD9bBgIHVzL_-sDbuabu8mx9ovWbrJckwD_SoNxzfX__spcUIikLoFK1vbStiPBqW7D-6dM1ftCSkPNdr85_v8cXnjD-kK8htRtmgIZ0fb3LkIRfHC6iNMN=w1663-h935-no

3sUmZiCoHmWnwxefhv7pvw7emcCa5ddVVovzwIcV2oZAPMuYYV5IDy681AC1ZW49Ef8Ynto1WGmKINHuWAqXJCc2Z8m2O14L-SoZpYLhFmmzm8Fn39TQjIY9SvDHA5pVvpZSqb3RTFJSCE2PoOd_Sm2XKGMCMkRg4CuIyb_pnczV6213AD3pmqm3WwJo1gBePPbhFCcfGfUaJV5vCKr07yDKISYrHdTrO_PWW7WlQUCMXVuffnCLHOoKu57IAXXdc4-2-Xv7gsAPhUXMw5gtJzNwRXPEeozU1Fg5-2EJA4h2cMqCHEh6zhS093wdqJB3yU8V1ikGjDXFM3FnMWk_oHmbIBRuYzec4a6NPreQq2XZ4Y_4FVYUQuzFWA0946jpA3qes35uxeyyiJGaRAeO2Ihaj35Mh9b0VG4q_E_NElbrh79nea1ICH2zc5LVtuNLgVhP84dfnae-KZPMOxCYs2YJjCLMHRDa38lj5NWiEyRiKckH4mrDKH_p-45umePExgi_T4FA7ApyOFWpnb3lelFqPi1jk4YZeBSa58s6GUSeQ-kEKTbm1t10-5hwlDAwfU1fdfIVsx7HawAP4GbE2zALj7EAAkzUKm6mcmJxGGZJvGQyUNut=w1663-h935-no

There he is, Bambi Bun! :love: So precious. I love that you were able to spend your birthday with him this way. <3<3

I am so sorry to see this. Very sorry for your loss, especially so close to your loss of Mimzy. What a stunningly beautiful little bunny he was.

I am so so sorry :cry:

My love and thoughts are with you.

Binky free little one, play with your friends at Rainbow Bridge and watch over your mum xxxxx

(((((((((( hugs ))))))))))

Thank you everyone :cry:
Oh Jane, thank you for the memorial photo. :cry: And the one you did for Mimzy too, I meant to comment. They are so lovely. I copied them to my computer so I can have them always.

I'm so broken...so broken...I feel like I failed them all. I should've fought harder, done something different. It wasn't the same after we left Alaska. Losing all of them in one year...it's not fair. :cry:

I just want to fade away with them. I can't bear life without my bunnies :cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

My poor Fiver. He deserved better than me. I begged if there was anything else we could do, even the most drastic, but in the end I had to agree with the vet. She was certain we were doing the right thing, but I can't feel it. He was so scared when they held him. :cry: I should've fought harder for him. He went peacefully enough, and quickly, but I will never forgive myself. I failed him. His eyes...I'll never forget the look in his eyes at the end. :cry:

But he's at peace now. He got to eat all sorts of nice things yesterday. I bought special lettuces and let him have kale, which he always loved but couldn't have due to his bladder issues.... Ironically, I ordered special hay for him around the time Mimzy passed and had to ask the shipper to change the order so it would come by mail instead of UPS, missed the shipping deadline as a result and forgot the Labour Day holiday, so it never got here. :( It will probably arrive tomorrow and I will dissolve when I see it after I get home from work.

We all sat and watched Fantastic Beasts and Where To Find Them because I hadn't seen it before. I just held him and stroked him and he slept on the bed on a wee pad. I hand fed him and my daughter read to him from Watership Down yesterday and today. We got to the part where Holly told his story to Hazel's warren, then it was time to go. I've never felt so miserable taking him away. He was all bright eyed and probably thinking we were going to fix him up. :cry:

After he was gone and I left the surgery, I went across the street to the pharmacy where they have a gift shop. There were three different bunny statues there I would've loved to buy, but were far too expensive. I got instead this wee candle that is in a cupcake shaped holder made of porcelain. I feel like the bunnies led me to it, it was in an obscure corner, like Fiver was at the pet shop when we first found him. It was like a late birthday present from him, as if being able to sit with him like in the old days wasn't enough! I feel like he wanted me to find it. I haven't lit it because the candle is so small I don't know how to find replacements...but I have it on my dresser in my room next to his photo frame with his pawprints. It was just the right thing to remember him by. Not that I will ever forget him. :cry:

Why did God make bunnies live such short and fragile lives? :cry: I needed so much more time with him and Mimzy and Pip. :(

I really am so sorry that you have lost Fiver too :cry:life can be so cruel at times :cry:

He was very lucky to have such a lovely life with you.

Binky free Fiver xx

Thinking of you and sending hugs xx

I'm so sorry you have had to say goodbye to Fiver as well :( He is with his friends now, though, which was a beautiful gift for you to give him at the end.

At around 4 pm this afternoon, My Beloved Fiver went to be with his friends at Rainbow Bridge.

I cannot even begin to eulogize hm, but wanted to mark his passing.

Sleep well, little Hrairoo. I'm so sorry we couldn't do anymore for you. This world is a cruel place and you are more fortunate than I, now that you are in Paradise. I will never forget our last day and I hope you and Mimzy and Pip will watch over me. Come rest with me while I try to reconcile this awful day. I need to feel your wee paws beside me.

I sent a lock of my hair with you. You need something to tickle your ears with in Heaven.

Love you forever, blessed wee boy. Sweet dreams and no more pain.
I will take it all on for you now, for that is all I have left.

Binky free xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx :cry::cry::cry::cry:

Bless you both at this time :love:

Run free little one.

Love and hugs to you xx

I'm so very sorry. You didn't fail him. Somethings just can't be fixed. You gave him the greatest kindness that you could. Sending hugs xxx

My heart is breaking for you also, losing two precious buns in such a short time. They know you loved them dearly and did your best for them. They both were beautiful tiny little buns .

MM, I'm so, so sorry to read that it was the end of the road for little Fiver. Such a precious wee soul. I think of you, Mimzy, Pip, and Fiver each morning when I first see Erasmus, Athena, and Rivergrace. I probably always will now.

El-ahrairah is watching over them, as they in turn watch over you. I'm sure Mimzy and Pip were overjoyed to be reunited with Fiver, albeit with the bittersweet poignancy of leaving you behind.

Sending you all of the love I can muster. xxx

I'm so sorry MM. It must be very hard losing both in such a short space of time.
They know love, they were loved and cherished and equally they love you too. I'm sure they'll be watching over you with Pip.

I read the other day an explanation offered by a six year old as to why animals don't spend so long on the planet as humans do. He believes our purpose is to learn compassion and love. Animals learn this more quickly, so don't have to stay as long. I think this is particularly true of our rabbit friends, but it does make our time with them bitter sweet.

Binky free Fiver, big hugs to you MM xx

Back