• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Grief

MPHF

Alpha Buck
I lost my best friend, Harley boy, on the 26th August. I am lost and consumed by grief. I can't bare to be around people, hate being alone. People don't understand the bond I had with Harley. I felt he was the only one who truly loved me and cared. I get so angry then I can't cry which makes me more angry. Feel I have no support, people thinking he was just a rabbit or that I should be over it hy now. Why did he leave

I lost my best friend, Harley boy, on the 26th August. I am lost and consumed by grief. I can't bare to be around people, hate being alone. People don't understand the bond I had with Harley. I felt he was the only one who truly loved me and cared. I get so angry then I can't cry which makes me more angry. Feel I have no support, people thinking he was just a rabbit or that I should be over it hy now. Why did he leave

I am so sorry. The loss of a 'Soul Rabbit' is a loss like no other. It can feel like a part of our heart has been torn out. Life is never the same again. Personally I dont think it is possible to 'get over' such a loss. People may say 'time heals', but that is not always true. Time may enable us to find ways of living with the immense loss. But the void is never filled.

Even if you do not have anyone IRL who understands, many of us on here do so you can always 'talk' with us xx

It's hard. Really hard. I've counselled lots of people who've lost their beloved rabbits and it never gets any easier for either of us.

I have had a lot to do with the Blue Cross, in my work with rescues. They have a number if you want to call:

https://www.bluecross.org.uk/pet-bereavement-support

0800 096 6606

There's also support on the Ralph site:

http://www.theralphsite.com

It's probably not what you want, but sometimes it's good just to communicate - email or talk - with another human being about how much they meant to you and how you are devastated by their loss.

We are always here to listen. Day after day and year after year.

Hugs and love to you xx

I am so sorry you lost your Harley boy. I know it is heartbreaking and can't really add anything to what JJ has already said. Come here and talk to us whenever you want because we do indeed understand.

You know where I am x

(By the way, I considered about a tribute to him but didn't want to step on your toes. If you want me to write something let me know :))

I would love you to do a tribute. I really couldn't and you know how special he was.x

I am picking up Harleys ashes later. Just want him home. Hoping it will make me feel better. Thank you all for your replies. Jacks Jane a big thank you. Your message really touched me and helped me cry.

Back