Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Grief

Default Grief

I lost my best friend, Harley boy, on the 26th August. I am lost and consumed by grief. I can't bare to be around people, hate being alone. People don't understand the bond I had with Harley. I felt he was the only one who truly loved me and cared. I get so angry then I can't cry which makes me more angry. Feel I have no support, people thinking he was just a rabbit or that I should be over it hy now. Why did he leave

Bunny slave to: Minstrel, Penguin, Harley,Minnie and Fleur
    Binky Free: Toffee, Nuggett, Gizmo and Floppy

Wise Old Thumper

Quote Originally Posted by MPHF View Post
    I lost my best friend, Harley boy, on the 26th August. I am lost and consumed by grief. I can't bare to be around people, hate being alone. People don't understand the bond I had with Harley. I felt he was the only one who truly loved me and cared. I get so angry then I can't cry which makes me more angry. Feel I have no support, people thinking he was just a rabbit or that I should be over it hy now. Why did he leave
    I am so sorry. The loss of a 'Soul Rabbit' is a loss like no other. It can feel like a part of our heart has been torn out. Life is never the same again. Personally I dont think it is possible to 'get over' such a loss. People may say 'time heals', but that is not always true. Time may enable us to find ways of living with the immense loss. But the void is never filled.

Even if you do not have anyone IRL who understands, many of us on here do so you can always 'talk' with us xx

For up-to-date information about RHD2
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/1744958082388756/

To view reported cases of RHD2 and Vets reported to stock the RHD2 Vaccine

http://rhd2map.buntools.org.uk/

Shop Online and raise money for Animal Rescue + Care (ARC)

https://animalrescueandcare.org.uk/home/giving-machine/

It's hard. Really hard. I've counselled lots of people who've lost their beloved rabbits and it never gets any easier for either of us.

I have had a lot to do with the Blue Cross, in my work with rescues. They have a number if you want to call:

https://www.bluecross.org.uk/pet-bereavement-support

0800 096 6606

There's also support on the Ralph site:

http://www.theralphsite.com

It's probably not what you want, but sometimes it's good just to communicate - email or talk - with another human being about how much they meant to you and how you are devastated by their loss.

We are always here to listen. Day after day and year after year.

Hugs and love to you xx

Wise Old Thumper

I am so sorry you lost your Harley boy. I know it is heartbreaking and can't really add anything to what JJ has already said. Come here and talk to us whenever you want because we do indeed understand.

Wise Old Thumper

You know where I am x

(By the way, I considered about a tribute to him but didn't want to step on your toes. If you want me to write something let me know :-))
    Please Remember to Advocate for your Rabbit.

'I have the responsibility to do what I want in a world of others, but so does everyone else and it works best if we take each other into account.' (EVD)

Please feel free to visit my therapy website and also my Professional Facebook page and Blog. You might find something interesting there!

Sending hugs x

Best wishes
    The geeky one...

Often available for bunny runs: PM for details.

I would love you to do a tribute. I really couldn't and you know how special he was.x

I'm so sorry Thinking of you and sending hugs xx

Binky free at the bridge Boots, you will never be forgotten xxxx
    IF YOU NEED HELP WITH ANYTHING PLEASE SEND ME A PM OR ANY OF THE OTHER FORUM BUDDIES

Wise Old Thumper

I would love you to do a tribute. I really couldn't and you know how special he was.x
    I'll sort it out within the next few days
    Please Remember to Advocate for your Rabbit.

'I have the responsibility to do what I want in a world of others, but so does everyone else and it works best if we take each other into account.' (EVD)

Please feel free to visit my therapy website and also my Professional Facebook page and Blog. You might find something interesting there!