• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Pets at Home have stopped Fibafirst (or my local has)

CwningenBach

Warren Scout
And made the 2KG box web exclusive. Fibafirst isn't being discontinued or anything is it?

Navi Rabbit has choking episodes with Science Selective as of the last few months so moved her totally onto Fibafirst and she's getting on a treat with it. I hope it's sticking around!

Our P@H has also stopped, I queried this with one of the shop assistants and they attributed the lack of stock to s change of packaging
I purchased a 2kg box of the internet instead

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

And made the 2KG box web exclusive. Fibafirst isn't being discontinued or anything is it?

Navi Rabbit has choking episodes with Science Selective as of the last few months so moved her totally onto Fibafirst and she's getting on a treat with it. I hope it's sticking around!

Get it online, and then have it delivered click and collect to your local store.

I got some just last week no problem xx

Oh no, Fibafirst is my go-to when I have 'food' vouchers! I stock it up for Secret Santa :( I hope it comes back.

For me the 2kg has always been a web exclusive, they only sell the 500g in store. Don't worry I don't think it's being discontinued. About 6 months ago (might have been longer than that thinking about it) they said they were discontinuing it on a leaflet inside the boxes and a lot of places started to run out of stock (at least the stores I got it from). A little after that they launched the 2kg again in 'new' boxes. They're actually quite good boxes now, great for us because we'll be moving soon and they're great for packing smaller stuff :lol:
I usually get mine from VetUK: http://www.vetuk.co.uk/rabbit-food-.../fibafirst-monoforage-feed-for-rabbits-p-9029 it's £8.26 so a little cheaper than P@H and you get free delivery when you spend £29 or more so I usually get some other things at the same time. I've found their prices tend to be the best on a lot of stuff but sometimes they have stock problems so it's best to order ahead as sometimes they say it'll be a week or more before one of the items is back in stock.

For me the 2kg has always been a web exclusive, they only sell the 500g in store. Don't worry I don't think it's being discontinued. About 6 months ago (might have been longer than that thinking about it) they said they were discontinuing it on a leaflet inside the boxes and a lot of places started to run out of stock (at least the stores I got it from). A little after that they launched the 2kg again in 'new' boxes. They're actually quite good boxes now, great for us because we'll be moving soon and they're great for packing smaller stuff :lol:
I usually get mine from VetUK: http://www.vetuk.co.uk/rabbit-food-.../fibafirst-monoforage-feed-for-rabbits-p-9029 it's £8.26 so a little cheaper than P@H and you get free delivery when you spend £29 or more so I usually get some other things at the same time. I've found their prices tend to be the best on a lot of stuff but sometimes they have stock problems so it's best to order ahead as sometimes they say it'll be a week or more before one of the items is back in stock.

That's why I get it delivered to my local P@H :)

It might be less expensive at VetUK, but adding up the bits and pieces to make up to free delivery means I spend more than I really intended to!

And you're right - those little boxes are really good for packing small stuff in :D

That's why I get it delivered to my local P@H :)

It might be less expensive at VetUK, but adding up the bits and pieces to make up to free delivery means I spend more than I really intended to!

And you're right - those little boxes are really good for packing small stuff in :D

I can't argue with you there! :lol: But then I order the coneflower in bulk becuase it's cheap there and a couple of boxes of fibafirst at a time so it's not too hard for me to make it up to £29. Now Zooplus on the other hand, that's the one that breaks the bank for me!
That, and the buns have all developed a taste for the hay from timothyhay.co.uk. Now it's all they'll have! They were never picky on hay before, now they'll only eat that :lol:

I can't argue with you there! :lol: But then I order the coneflower in bulk becuase it's cheap there and a couple of boxes of fibafirst at a time so it's not too hard for me to make it up to £29. Now Zooplus on the other hand, that's the one that breaks the bank for me!
That, and the buns have all developed a taste for the hay from timothyhay.co.uk. Now it's all they'll have! They were never picky on hay before, now they'll only eat that :lol:

Yes :D

Roxy sent me a huge box for my buns to try, and they got hooked on it.
Postage is quite a lot, and I wish I was nearer and I could collect :lol:

However, I think of their back teeth getting worn down with every strand :D

Do you have to pay a surcharge where you are then? Postage is free for me and I'm down the other end of the country from where it's grown!
I'd been wanting to try it for them for ages and intended to buy it as a 'treat' hay if they liked it but I couldn't believe the response it got. I've never seen anything like it. They were having it over anything - fibafirst, fresh herbs, treats - literally anything you offered. And the speed they were going through it I couldn't believe. But wow, you should have seen them sulk when it ran out and they were back to 'normal' meadow hay. It barely got touched so I had to order another bag quick. This was about.. 2 months ago? You wouldn't believe how many bags I've had to buy since because they will not eat anything else now :shock:
It's really expensive compared to the Zooplus hay they were having before but then again they're definitely eating more hay than before, and as you say that's wearing their teeth down too. So who can argue. Gourmet expensive hay it is :roll:
In fact on the first bag I turned my back for a minute then turned around to see this little face staring back at me :roll:

Lunar liked it so much she had jumped up and helped herself :lol: (she was shedding badly, hence the tatty look :p)

Ahem, anyway. Sorry to hijack the thread, CwningenBach :oops:

Do you have to pay a surcharge where you are then? Postage is free for me and I'm down the other end of the country from where it's grown!
I'd been wanting to try it for them for ages and intended to buy it as a 'treat' hay if they liked it but I couldn't believe the response it got. I've never seen anything like it. They were having it over anything - fibafirst, fresh herbs, treats - literally anything you offered. And the speed they were going through it I couldn't believe. But wow, you should have seen them sulk when it ran out and they were back to 'normal' meadow hay. It barely got touched so I had to order another bag quick. This was about.. 2 months ago? You wouldn't believe how many bags I've had to buy since because they will not eat anything else now :shock:
It's really expensive compared to the Zooplus hay they were having before but then again they're definitely eating more hay than before, and as you say that's wearing their teeth down too. So who can argue. Gourmet expensive hay it is :roll:
In fact on the first bag I turned my back for a minute then turned around to see this little face staring back at me :roll:

Lunar liked it so much she had jumped up and helped herself :lol: (she was shedding badly, hence the tatty look :p)

Ahem, anyway. Sorry to hijack the thread, CwningenBach :oops:

That's a gorgeous photo, and very funny :love:

Regards the postage - someone on here went and fetched a bale for themselves, and it cost £12. I have paid £22 delivered for the same bale. I think I am getting this right - I hope so. The postage is included in the price, so you don't get to see what it is ;)

However, as you say, we need those teeth and digestions to keep working well, so to hell with the price!

Yes sorry CwningenBach. The answer to your question is though - Fibafirst is here to stay!
Order it to go to Pets at Home, but you have to get a large box :D

Ah I see now. Wow, £12? Maybe we should be looking to move up there!! :lol:
Yeah, it was £22 for 10kg but has recently been changed to 9kg. I try to ignore the fact that that changed just after my lot discovered their love for it and I've ordered so many bales. I'm sure it's just a coincidence...

I still don't know how she got up there so quietly and easily, that was a full bag and it's pretty tall

Again, sorry for the hijack! :p

Ah I see now. Wow, £12? Maybe we should be looking to move up there!! :lol:
Yeah, it was £22 for 10kg but has recently been changed to 9kg. I try to ignore the fact that that changed just after my lot discovered their love for it and I've ordered so many bales. I'm sure it's just a coincidence...

I still don't know how she got up there so quietly and easily, that was a full bag and it's pretty tall

Again, sorry for the hijack! :p

Springs on legs, that's what my lot have :lol:

Last edited:
Really? Thanks for the heads up - we'll be on our last box soon so will go to P@H sooner rather than later to make sure to give us time to order it online instead. Our girls love it - they have 6 sticks each day, 3 in a morning and 3 at night, without fail.

Really? Thanks for the heads up - we'll be on our last box soon so will go to P@H sooner rather than later to make sure to give us time to order it online instead. Our girls love it - they have 6 sticks each day, 3 in a morning and 3 at night, without fail.

I order online, and my P@H have it in for me the next day.

Do they have pellets as well Angie?

Sorry to come back to this thread (and contradict my own post!) but I was in my P@H today and noticed there were no boxes of fibafirst at all - and no an empty space where they would be. I didn't think anything of it but I just went to order some from VetUK and they're out of stock too? Only 500g boxes left which don't go far for us. I've now checked P@H's website and they're out of stock on the 2kg as well.
Edit: Petsupermarket also sold out on the 2kg. Starting to worry now :?
Looks like Amazon still have it so I think I'll order a couple of boxes from there for now. I guess there must be a supply problem?

Last edited:
Sorry to come back to this thread (and contradict my own post!) but I was in my P@H today and noticed there were no boxes of fibafirst at all - and no an empty space where they would be. I didn't think anything of it but I just went to order some from VetUK and they're out of stock too? Only 500g boxes left which don't go far for us. I've now checked P@H's website and they're out of stock on the 2kg as well.
Edit: Petsupermarket also sold out on the 2kg. Starting to worry now :?
Looks like Amazon still have it so I think I'll order a couple of boxes from there for now. I guess there must be a supply problem?

Oooh you're right!

I just checked their website and it says 'back in stock soon'!

Hope that doesn't mean too long ...

Back