• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Finally made progress on the shed (picture heavy)

Thank you, Amy.

I've been working on it again and have removed the bottom of the ramp and added a platform. This is to remove the drop between the runaround door and the floor and make that area more spacious for turning around etc. I also added a little wall with a doorway to create hidey hole below it. It looks really neat in the pictures but underneath there are loads of brackets!

I went with roofing felt for the ramp in the end. I bought some rubber but it really smelled in the warmer weather and I'm sensitive to smells and so eventfully decided not to use it though it really did grip fabulously. Carpet, I decided would just be another thing to clean, mine are really not good at wiping their feet and they get muddy. I've covered the sides and the ends of the roofing felt with wood to stop chewing and I will keep the edges in good repair. I chiselled out the struts to put the felt, I'll add them back in if necessary.

Finally, I made a little platform to make it easier to jump on the little day hutch. The legs are from an old Trixie platform, one of them is wobbly, so I need to check it's sound enough for them.

I think I've finished. At least for now! Shall I let them in?

That looks fab, I love the little hide at the bottom of the ramp - great idea for that space.

Back